How much does a bank PO
Product owner salary
What is the salary of a Product Owner (m / f)?
The role of the product owner in agile software development is to define the essential requirements and properties of a software solution in close coordination with the client and other stakeholders. On the basis of market and requirement analyzes, product strategies are defined, user stories are written and prioritized, a roadmap is drawn up and sprints are planned and their success is assessed. The particular challenge in this context is to find the right balance between properties, costs and completion time. Having your own software development background as well as training or a certificate as a Certified Scrum Product Owner can be helpful. It is difficult to make generally valid statements about the salary of a product owner, since the payment depends primarily on the size of the company.
In smaller companies and start-ups, (entry-level) salaries for product owners are between 35.000 € and 45.000 € common. Established players in the online business such as Trivago, HRS or Check24 usually pay their product owners between annual salaries 55.000 € and 65.000 €. Employees in established large corporations such as Deutsche Telekom or even SAP are even better off. Up to 50% more salary awaits here, so that experienced product owners can expect an average annual income of between € 90,000 and just over € 100,000. Since overall this is a very demanding role with a lot of responsibility - and in the context of the spread of agile development approaches - increasingly sought-after position, the incomes of product owners are also increasing at an above-average rate of approx. 4-5% p.a.
Salary table: Average salaries in IT staff functions
|Business partner||Started||41.022 €||46.958 €|
|Business partner||3-5 years||46.958 €||57.346 €|
|Business partner||6-9 years||57.346 €||69.112 €|
|Business partner||> 10 years||68.158 €||95.718 €|
|IT consultant||Started||47.276 €||55.650 €|
|IT consultant||3-5 years||55.014 €||72.822 €|
|IT consultant||6-9 years||72.504 €||98.898 €|
|IT consultant||> 10 years||98.580 €||113.526 €|
|IT project manager||Started||57.346 €||71.656 €|
|IT project manager||3-5 years||69.324 €||81.090 €|
|IT project manager||6-9 years||78.864 €||96.248 €|
|IT project manager||> 10 years||95.188 €||109.392 €|
To the most important tasks of a product owner include:
- Development of product strategies and roadmaps
- Definition of customer requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Sprint planning, prioritization of backlogs, acceptance of features
- Coordination of development work with software developers and Scrum Masters
As typical requirements apply to an owner:
- Relevant specialist knowledge in software development and a technical or business degree
- Profound knowledge of the Scrum methodology (e.g. proven by a CSPO certificate)
- Good overview of new technologies
- Experience in classic project management
- Team leadership experience, communication skills and assertiveness
What's your market value?
General statements on the individual salary remain difficult, because in addition to personal qualifications, experience and task / responsibility, the size, the industry and the region of the employer also play an important role. In order to take these parameters into account, we have developed a salary calculator with which you can create your own individual salary analysis free of charge. You will then immediately receive an email with the link to your PDF brochure with an individual evaluation, comparative values from our database and tips on the subject of salaries.
Our salary information is based on one of the largest salary databases for the DACH region. The data is updated by several thousand user details per month in our own free paycheck and by our cooperation partner network (e.g. Hays, Perm4, Jobware).
Do you earn enough?
Create your PDF content analysis here in approx. 2-3 minutes. Free of charge and immediately by email
- Indonesians and Tagalog are mutually understandable
- What are the most unusual job titles?
- Should a 14 year old boy masturbate
- Where can I buy good replica watches
- Eat dog in Bhutan
- Why not eat meat immorally
- Do you really need a podcast editor
- What is a master sign electrician
- Why is Tzuyu so popular in Korea
- What is the most unique kitchen
- Is the work as a research assistant seen as work experience
- How much does a defender cost
- What do Brazilians think of foreigners?
- Can separation save a marriage
- Should India allow immigrants
- Why does weed smell like burned plastic
- What is the best hidden gem in Italy
- Psychopaths can have eating disorders
- Is it safe to buy from Google Reviews Service
- What are the best loan programs
- Are 1 of Indian slaves
- Which vegetables are imported to India
- Why are Romanian girls hot
- How can I make schizophrenia worse