What do rotten eggs look like
Egg test: is the egg still fresh?
With the three correct tips, you will definitely recognize fresh eggs. (Photo by: yelenayemchuk / depositphotos.com)
Eggs can be kept for around 18-20 days without refrigeration because they are protected by their shell. They have a longer shelf life, approx. 4-6 weeks if you store them in the refrigerator. Once an egg has been opened, it should be processed as quickly as possible.
1. The water test
The older an egg gets, the more water from the egg yolk evaporates through the egg shell - an air bubble forms inside.
Therefore, the approximate age of eggs can easily be determined with a water test. Put the egg in a glass filled with water:
- It rises and swims on the surface of the water, the air bubble is already very large - the egg is spoiled.
- If, on the other hand, the egg remains on the floor, it is fresh and you can safely eat it.
- When the egg stands up, the position shows its approximate age:
When the blunt end of the egg slightly upwards shows the egg is at least 5-7 days old.
The egg stands however, perpendicular in the water, it was placed two to three weeks beforehand.
2. The hearing test
Hold the egg close to your ear and gently shake it. With fresh eggs you should hardly hear any noises. However, if the egg makes chuckling noises, it is spoiled.
3. Smell and appearance
If you break an egg, you can tell immediately from the smell whether it is edible or not.
The appearance is also a reliable indicator:
- At fresh eggs the egg white remains thick after whipping and the yolk bulges upwards.
- At rotten eggs however, the egg white and yolk run into each other immediately.
Rating: Ø 3.7 (685 votes)
- How can a graduate make money
- What is your kind of guy girl
- What are the disadvantages of boarding schools
- Will people take responsibility for the environment?
- How did Rey kill Palpatine
- Killing dogs of wolves
- Life is nothing but happiness
- Why is the lunch break from 12 noon to 1 p.m.
- Which white cement is the best
- How did Albania become a Muslim country
- What characteristics do all millionaires share?
- What is the future for Islam
- How does the school work in your country
- Why do companies never hire overqualified candidates?
- How should Italian sausages be served
- How can you learn in a library
- 94 is a bad score in TOEFL
- Should I learn Mandarin or Cantonese
- Do dating websites actually work
- How do crowdfunding sites make money
- Which Minecraft player do you like best
- How did you get through high school
- How rich is Fidel Castro
- Why do skydiving accidents happen
- Why should an employer keep an employee
- Why do my balls itch
- When do I need a new piano?
- Jesus is the father of David
- What's your omelette recipe
- What advice do you always ignore
- Why is sex okay before marriage
- Why is excellent academic performance important
- What do you love about love