What do young managers fear most?
Generation Y and ZHow to lead young employees
"I'm just used to being able to have a say," said an educated scion in the first year of his career. The statement is exemplary for a whole generation. In companies, young people feel they are full members of the team right from the start. Just as they are used to from an early age. Holiday destination, dinner, leisure activities - in many families the kids set the tone. Authority? Long outdated. Instead, education on an equal footing is practiced more or less successfully.
The equation used to be simple: age equals respect. And today? Generation Young does not see the need to unconditionally accept leadership based on age, status, or authority. Instead of subordinating themselves, the boss is questioned and hierarchical levels are broken. Generation Young is fearless - and sees itself in the right. In contrast to previous generations, young people today are better educated, have access to new sources of knowledge and understand how to use them in the best possible way. In order to be taken seriously as a manager, one motto applies above all: You have to earn respect! Power and performance are the things that really matter.
The following dos and don'ts apply to managers: play out your own knowledge, predict developments in advance - which will hopefully also happen - or say things that others don't dare to say. That earns respect. Packing work orders on the table for young employees without comment and expecting the pile to shrink without grumbling? A clear don’t. Instead, it is much better to seek out the one-on-one interview more often and convey why the young employee should do something and to what extent his work contributes to the success of the whole. “The young people then have to like that. I have to paint a picture and a goal in which you can see part of the solution in and through yourself, ”says a manager with a lot of experience in training Generation Young.
- What do young managers fear most?
- Which countries do not require SAT
- What does your living room look like
- Which is the best Indian super food
- Why is this universe created 2
- How can people afford multi-million dollar houses?
- How to pronounce accented vowels
- Have you ever experienced allah
- Are ENT women further ahead
- Why are croissants so flaky
- Are there any countries that are hotter than Brazil?
- Who benefits from school lunches
- What is the purpose of underwear
- What are considered good social skills
- Are there any jobs in Noida
- What is code refactoring and code refinement
- Why is gerrymandering bad
- Is it possible to completely eradicate homelessness
- Investing is always better than saving money
- What can you not tell your boss
- Which nations have which official state religions
- How can I pronounce English well
- Airbags help in a car wreck
- Why does a midlife crisis occur