What is the origin of the word homie
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Ho | mie, Plural: Ho | lousy
- IPA: [ˈhoːmi], [ˈhoʊ̯mi], Plural: [ˈHoːmis], [ˈhoʊ̯mis]
- 1) Youth language, rapper jargon:Buddy, friend (with whom you are a member of a gang or gang)
- adopted from colloquial Englishhomie or homey, the short form of homeboy or homegirl 'Friend from the neighborhood, from a youth gang'
- 1) friend, buddy
- 1) enemy, opponent
- 1) She is with her Homies in the city center.
- 1) To be one of Jason's Homies to become, he had to pass a test of courage.
- Nominative: singular the homie; Plural the homies
- Genitive: singular of the homies; Plural the homies
- Dative: singular the homie; Plural the homies
- Accusative: singular the homie; Plural the homies
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The Frankfurt Hanybal drops his next single 'Streetlife'. The new one is also there Homie Crime.“
laut.de, April 01, 2019
„Just Homies, Beer and sex in the head: On Reddit, thousands of men are currently sharing the stupidest prejudices that they are constantly confronted with.“
Today.at, August 13, 2019
„After all, Husky disses Putin and his in his texts Homies (here minions) quite often. Again and again, his songs are about brutal cops (police) and poor pigs (low-wage earners).“
Business Insider Germany, December 17, 2018
„A friend greets you with 'Hey Homie, What's going on?' and you wonder what the term is for Homie stands? Netzwelt explains it to you.“
netzwelt.de, January 30, 2020
„Cosmopolitans, White Savior and the cool Homie: Those white men who only ever want to date black women. I don't want any of them.“
TAZ, October 10, 2019
„I felt like we'd always known each other like he was mine Homiewhen i was growing up. We became really good friends. He's very talented, 'enthused Zendaya in an interview with Empire magazine.“
RTL, September 09, 2020
„Ice-T On Instagram, Ice-T shared a photo of Dre and told his followers: 'I just got off with mine Homie Dr Dre talked to.“
Gala.de, January 14, 2021
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary that contain "homie":
Homies: Homies (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ho | mies Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈhoːmis], [ˈhoʊ̯mis] Grammatical features: Genitive singular of the noun…
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Homie" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (20.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Homie/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Write a usage hint or an example and help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Homies (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ho | mies Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈhoːmis],…
Homilet (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular homilet; Plural homiletes genitive: singular ...
Homilets (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ho | mi | le | ten Grammatical features: nominative plural of ...
Homiletics (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular homiletics; Plural - genitive: singular ...
Homiliar (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular homiliar; Plural homiliare genitive: singular ...
Homiliaries (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ho | mi | li | a | re Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [homiˈli̯aːʁə]…
Homiliars (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ho | mi | li | a | ren Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Homiliares (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ho | mi | li | a | res Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Homiliars (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ho | mi | li | ars Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [homiˈli̯aːɐ̯s]…
Homily (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular homily; Plural homilies genitive: singular ...
Homilies (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ho | mi | li | en Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [homiˈliːən]…
- How can I make employees feel valued?
- Korean food is popular in Germany
- Is Elvis Moody Blue album worth anything
- What is an event planner
- Can you name my management consulting practice
- What is your favorite historical culture
- Why are you a social democrat
- Cheating Norwegian men
- Should government employees be able to strike
- How reliably profitable is P2P lending
- Which company exports organic vegetables
- What's your favorite food in China
- Fever may cause frequent urination
- Snakes eat penguins
- Could rich people survive without golf?
- What if you dream too often
- Where do I meet someone like me
- What is the philosophy behind hospice care
- How can laying laminate floors be beneficial?
- Can a 90 year old masturbate?
- Why shouldn't I go out with rich people
- Can someone survive only with cheese?
- How do Venezuelans celebrate Holy Week
- What's your favorite vegan recipe