What does Los Alamos National Laboratory do
Los Alamos National Laboratory
The Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL, earlier too Los Alamos Laboratory or Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory) is a research facility of the US government (more precisely the United States Department of Energy) in Los Alamos, New Mexico.
Los Alamos is primarily a nuclear research center, which became known for the fact that the US government's nuclear weapons program began here and the first atomic bomb was developed (see Manhattan Project).
Today the Los Alamos National Laboratory is a research facility in which, in addition to the Stockpile Stewardship Program for the preservation of existing nuclear weapons, basic research in the fields of physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics is carried out. It houses one of the largest institutes for theoretical research in the world and has a total of more than 6000 employees. It is remote about 60 km north of Santa Fe, New Mexico, on a mesa about 2,500 m above sea level.
The area remains a military exclusion zone.
The Los Alamos National Laboratory gets the fastest computer in the world. He will achieve a maximum performance of 1.6 petaflop
From 1993 to 1998 the LSND experiment on neutrino oscillation took place here.
See also: arXiv
Coordinates: 35 ° 52 ′ 32 "n. Br., 106 ° 19 ′ 22" w. L.
Categories: Nuclear Weapons Project | Nuclear physics
- Why is my Toshiba laptop not turning on
- Where can I learn something about the theory of relativity
- How do you eat a croissant gracefully
- Doors can be cut to size
- What is the future of fintech
- Which websites offer business lessons and insights
- Is it okay to be monolingual?
- Where are Adam and Eve buried
- Why is Google doing Google Maps
- What is the biblical punishment for adultery
- What is the best time for masturbation
- Can cat smell dead
- What was the incident in your school
- Why do people disappear from my life
- Who are the indigenous people of Europe
- Who claims the Antarctic
- There is nothing free in this world
- Why do people use manual bookkeeping
- Which universities in Canada accept TOEFL scores?
- How bad is the traffic in Mumbai
- Mature people are wise
- How about a quiet ENTP
- Is Boris Johnson a father
- Can you get rich in Dubai