Why should I never visit Seattle
5 good reasons why you should visit Seattle once
The city on the west coast is a real insider tip for tourists and also for Americans. But that's not the only reason to visit Seattle.
Seattle is the largest city in the state of Washington and not only something very special among tourists. The Americans themselves are also sure that their “Emerald City” is one of the most beautiful cities in the country. In fact, Seattle is in incredibly beautiful surroundings. It is surrounded by mountains and evergreen forests and has numerous green areas and parks. It is also one of those cities in the United States that is growing rapidly and is considered innovative, successful, and young. Find out why this booming city should be on your bucket list here.
# 1 The 360 ° view from the Space Needle
The Space Needle is a 184 m high observation tower that was built as part of the 1962 World's Fair. It is also the landmark of Seattle and a real tourist magnet with more than 1 million visitors a year. The highlight, however, is the restaurant at the top, which slowly turns in a circle, so that you get a really fantastic panoramic view of the whole city while you are eating. Wow! You can also find a similar concept in Vienna. However, at 170 meters, the Danube Tower is a full 14 meters shorter than the Space Needle. But the journey is not that far 😉
# 2 The Pike Place Market
The Pike Place Marktet is right on the coast and offers a great view of the Elliott Bay waterfront. This unique market has been around since 1907 and is definitely worth a visit. What began as a farmers' market over 100 years ago now reflects the enormous cultural diversity of Seattle. Here you can taste your way through culinary specialties from all over the world and even take special food tours through the beautiful market.
# 3 Amazon's first and only store
For those who didn't know: The world-famous online mail order company Amazon has its origins in Seattle. The company was founded there in 1994 by Jeff Bezos in his garage. In 2015, the first and to date only Amazon bookstore opened. A great place full of wooden shelves, comfy leather armchairs and tons of books. An absolute must for all bookworms and bookworms.
# 4 Starbucks: where it all started
Attention coffee lovers! The giant coffeehouse chain Starbucks also opened its very first branch in Seattle. The special thing about it are the great coffee creations on the menu that are not (yet) found anywhere else in the world. Every new drink is developed by the local barista. So all coffee creations have their origin here. Certain specials are only available there. You should not miss that.
# 5 The Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum
Close to the Space Needle in Seattle Center is the coolest museum in town. The Chihuly Garden and Glass is colorful, imaginative and consists almost entirely of glass. Dale Chihuly's colorful and dazzling light installations illuminate even the darkest rainy day. And the glass pavilion is the highlight of the exhibition. In addition to yoga lessons, dance lessons and Taichi lessons, painting courses are also held there.
With these savings tips you can experience New York on a budget
10 cities that should be on your bucket list in 2019
What to do outside of South Beach in Miami
- What does America think of Pakistan?
- Which system in society is perfect
- What does the name Boaz mean
- What happens when someone is alone
- The Indian media manipulate the news from Kashmir
- How's the swing club for the first time
- Is Dubai a country or a capital
- What are the benefits of eating buckwheat
- Whose comment cricket bore you
- How population growth causes traffic jams
- Why did globalization turn the tide?
- What foods should I try in Sweden?
- How do art galleries sell art
- Is democracy compatible with economic growth?
- What caused the real estate bubble of 2001
- What are recruiters looking for in general
- Emotional types are looked down on
- Why do truckers hate Swift so much
- What are the types of office
- How is the economy in Singapore
- British drinking coffee
- Who is the oldest Star Wars character
- Portlandia TV series is good for Portland
- Could Usain Bolt run with a cheetah