Is it dangerous to smell gasoline?
Everyday question | Is gasoline sniffing
For many it is THE highlight at the petrol station: the smell of petrol. The nose is held up, sniffing and shouting inside when the slightly ticklish smell spreads in the nose. But is that actually carcinogenic?
BILD knows:Unfortunately yes!
The benzene contained in petrol increases the risk of blood cancer (leukemia). In addition, the vapors can cause dizziness, headaches, vomiting and drowsiness, in severe cases it can lead to fainting. Continuous sniffing can damage the nervous system, liver and kidneys.
Regular drivers are particularly at risk, as are people who work in professions related to petrol (such as petrol station employees or traffic policemen) or who frequently stay in underground garages. Hobby gardeners are also exposed to benzene, as it is used to operate chainsaws, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers and lawnmowers, among other things.
Incidentally, it becomes really dangerous if gasoline is swallowed (for example, if you suck in gasoline through a hose and want to empty the tank) - possible consequences are burned mucous membranes and chemical pneumonia, which can be life-threatening. Also try to avoid skin contact with gasoline as benzene can be absorbed into the skin.
- What is the name of Donald Trump's dog
- What is the poverty rate in Singapore
- Why do people visit your hometown
- Make teen marriages last
- Why can't life be easier
- What can teenagers do better than adults?
- Someone importing iron ore from Australia
- Which conditions automatically qualify you for a disability
- How is Fox News racist?
- The Green Party is on the far left
- Why does semen taste good
- Why is Islam so strict
- Who are the descendants of Prophet Muhammad today?
- Why is PewDiePie banned in China
- What is your favorite Canadian food
- What do you know about Australian universities
- How to buy a shelf company
- What do the Vietnamese think of Taiwan
- I'm single should i buy a house
- Can you legally resist the arrest of the citizens?
- How do you say happy birthday
- What is good bread for you
- How does OpenStack use KVM
- How does the iOS night shift work