Why does a man not get periods
When your period never comes
Usually all girls and women of reproductive age have their menstrual period once a month. The blood flow ensures that the uterine lining that forms within the month is broken down and flushed out of the uterus if the woman's egg has not been fertilized. In this way, the mucous membrane can grow back in the next month and prepare the body for a possible pregnancy.
How heavy menstruation is differs from woman to woman. In addition, the intervals between menstrual periods vary between 21 and 35 days and can also change in the course of life or due to certain circumstances.
Genetic defects and malformations as the cause
While irregularities in the cycle are natural, it happens in one to two percent of women that the menstrual period is not only delayed in the fertile phase, but does not occur at all. Such a menstrual disorder is known as amenorrhea.
If a girl is 16 years old or two years after the start of puberty, it is known as primary amenorrhea. This can be caused by genetic defects in the genome that prevent the reproductive organs from being fully developed. For example, in the so-called vaginal atresia, the uterus and vaginal system may be missing.
Another example is Turner Syndrome. Those affected only have one instead of two functional X chromosomes. In these women, the ovaries do not develop adequately, making them sterile and therefore not having a menstrual period.
The so-called Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome (MRKHS) is another possible cause of primary amenorrhea: although the ovaries, external vulva and breasts are normally developed, the internal vagina and uterus are not. As a result, there is no connection between the uterus and the vaginal outlet and the women cannot get their periods or be fertilized.
In addition, girls with diseases such as hymenoid atresia cannot menstruate because their vaginal opening is completely closed and the menstrual blood collects in their vagina.
Chaos in the hormonal balance
Certain diseases can also cause primary amenorrhea if they alter the woman's hormonal balance. Because the menstrual cycle is controlled by a complex interplay of hormones. If this interaction is disturbed or if one of the actors is missing, affected girls and women never get their period.
One reason for this can be the so-called Kallmann syndrome. Women with this congenital developmental disorder of the gonads have primary amenorrhea because, among other things, the hormone levels of the luteinizing hormone and the follicle-stimulating hormone are reduced.
In addition, hormonal disorders also occur, for example, in the congenital adrenogenital syndrome (AGS): too many male sex hormones are formed in the ovaries and the adrenal cortex. As a result, the sex organs of the affected girls develop male characteristics as early as childhood - menstruation is then no longer possible after puberty.
March 26, 2021
- Anna Bolten
- What is parent company
- What should you not do in life
- Retail investors can sell stocks short
- Which is better CS or CA.
- Will my friend betray me again
- Why are the Irish called Celts
- Why do Mexicans look so good
- Do you want a chinese friend
- What are the different types of communities
- How many states are there in Great Britain?
- What is set out in the construction
- What happened on December 26th, 2004
- How do Malaysians communicate with each other
- What would really annoy an ESTJ
- How do millennials feel about Generation Z.
- How are swords used nowadays
- Life runs away from inevitable death
- Has Hitler faked his suicide
- What's your best worst travel experience
- Why do elders not respect young people
- Reduces IQ with marijuana
- What are the signs of emotional distancing
- Who are the greatest Sith Lords
- What is the working status in Germany?
- How is the gold standard protected from inflation?
- What is SME in BPO
- Why is it so important to set priorities
- Why do democrats keep losing land voters?
- What types of quinoa are there
- Who Eats Halal Meat
- In which countries in Africa are iPhones sold
- Ancient Roman blacksmiths were prosperous
- Does China like the US
- Why did Islam spread so quickly