What is a labor strike
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
Dispute between employees and employers
The role of the trade unions
Most of the time, a strike is organized by the trade unions. However, they must have exhausted all possibilities beforehand in order to come to an agreement with the employers. If the negotiations have failed, the members of the trade unions decide in a so-called "strike vote" whether they want to strike. Strikes can only take place if the majority agrees.
There are other ways for workers and employees to put pressure on employers. For example, if work is stopped for only one or two hours, it is called a "warning strike". A warning strike can take place during collective bargaining and without a ballot. Work stoppages that are not organized by the unions are known as "wildcat strikes". You are illegal. Often one also hears of "priority strikes". Then workers only stop working in particularly important companies. In the case of a “slow strike”, the work is done very slowly. In a "general strike" people strike across the country to force certain decisions. In Germany, however, the general strike is only allowed in very limited exceptional cases.
There are also strikes that have nothing to do with a labor dispute: a “sit-in” strike is usually a political demonstration. With a “hunger strike”, for example, prisoners want to enforce better prison conditions.
- What's your favorite American breakfast
- What is the mindset of Generation Z.
- What makes you proud to be French?
- What percentage of the US population work
- How to forge a London accent
- Which shutters are the best
- What are expenses in Australia
- Why should anyone join the hotel industry?
- Has the startup culture killed the innovation?
- Which lighting applies to mosaic mirrors
- How did Barry Gordon Donatello say?
- Why is my mother bothering me
- Why are some Americans missing ID cards?
- What's in a Singapore sling
- What was your first favorite BTS duo
- How can an Indian emigrate to Australia
- How do I improve my reading skills
- How is poverty measured in India
- How do I join the CISF
- What is Russia's largest cultural export
- Is it wrong to outsource jobs
- Who is most successful after high school
- What are some amazing sights in Taipei
- Why does music change our emotions