Is the Canadian health system bad
The public health system in Canada
The system is financed through taxes - only in British Columbia and Alberta health insurance contributions have to be paid. For this, however, the taxes are reduced. Of course, you also have the option of taking out private (additional) health insurance. This is recommended in any case, because of Medicare not all costs are covered. For example, the costs of dentures can be covered by private health insurance. For complete information on the Canadian healthcare system, go to Health Canada at www.hc-sc.gc.ca.
Medicare can be used by Canadian citizens and permanentresidents to be entitled to. Visitors are only allowed in certain exceptional cases Medicare Make use. The following services are provided by Medicare accepted:
- Consultation fees from doctors or specialists,
- Tests and examinations necessary to control disease;
- also x-rays and most pathological tests,
- the cost of the ophthalmological examination,
- most surgical and other therapeutic procedures performed by doctors,
- the cost of a stay in a hospital,
- most vaccinations,
- the visit to the ophthalmologist, whereby the regular eye test is only paid for every two years,
- psychiatric treatments.
Medicare pays for the following services Not the costs:
- Glasses and contact lenses,
- Dental care,
- Medication (excluding the necessary medication administered in the hospital),
- Emergency services,
- Cosmetic surgery.
Most Canadians have a family doctor. If you now need to see a doctor, ask your colleagues, neighbors or them ImmigrantService Organization after a doctor. Of course, you can also use the yellow pages or the phone book under the keyword "Physicians“, „Surgeons"Or"Dentists" check. As a rule, the doctor settles Medicare immediately.
Medicines in Canada
As already mentioned, in most cases the cost of the necessary medication is not covered Medicare covered. The provinces and territories have the PublicDrugBenefitPrograms (PDBP), which enable certain groups of people to receive the medication free of charge. These include B. People over 65 years of age and long-term sick people. You can find an overview of the PDBP on the Health Canada website under the heading "HealthCaresystem, Pharmaceuticals, Access to Insurance Coverage for Prescription Medicines, Provincial and Territorial Public Drug Benefit Program“.
For more information on the subject Health care contact the health authorities in each province and territory.
This article is an excerpt from Living and working in Canada.Click here to order a copy.
By Just Landed
Other recommended articles
Did this article help you?
do you have feedback, an update or a question about this topic? Comment here:
- What was your most memorable moment
- Are clairvoyants real 1
- How to solve bad breath in dogs
- Why do we use a construction joint
- What are the best testing tools
- Do you want a life without suffering?
- What is your opinion on your teachers
- What's the best way to beg
- What happened to Fan Bingbing
- What is archeology
- What are the different types of outsourcing
- Greece can use 2 currencies
- Why do some parents hate their children?
- What shaped your path in life
- What do you think about young marriage
- What are the interests of consumers
- How do introverts get away from people
- TYPES OF ELEVATORS AFTER USE
- What are your sources of financial information
- How does TMZ make money
- How beautiful is Mumbai
- What are the national dishes in Spain
- Which companies in Hyderabad are hiring medical coders
- Illegal immigration is a big problem