How bad is the traffic in Mumbai
Pilot test in Mumbai: the traffic light stays red longer when there is a loud horn
Mumbai - If you horn more, you have to wait longer. The police in the Indian metropolis of Mumbai have developed an unusual concept in the fight against noise pollution. As it became known last week, it now installed a traffic light system that punishes those who honk particularly loudly and enthusiastically. Specifically, the traffic light timer is reset when a noise level of 85 decibels is exceeded. That is the - relatively low - value that is reached when playing the saxophone loudly.
How long the system will remain installed is still unknown - no long-term use was actually planned. And overall, the police are more likely to have been more concerned with attention and educational value. Against this background, she posted a video on the Internet at the end of January that attracted attention in the whole of the horn-ridden country.
After an introduction with a horn concert cacophony, an official appears who, through his arms crossed, indicates: It cannot go on like this. The traffic light that is presented below shows the waiting drivers a decibel number and a timer. It can also be seen on it: If the value of 85 is exceeded, the time is set back to 90 seconds - accompanied by the slogan "Horn more, wait more".
Political comments now seriously deal with the idea, which was originally intended as advertising. "It would be a mistake to see it only as a PR campaign; it is an extremely simple, sensible idea," says the New Indian Express online portal.
"Everyone is annoyed about it, but nobody does anything about it," the Guardian quoted a police spokesman as saying. "We want to enable a stress-free commute in Mumbai." The action, which was originally intended as a PR gag, has now also attracted attention in other cities in India. There, too, as reported by the media, the introduction of such a system is now being seriously debated. For example, the police in the metropolis of Bangalore announced that there were serious plans to "implement a similar system". (mesc, 5.2.2020)
- Why is bluetooth speaker important
- Why are koala berries so cute
- What do you think of new immigrants
- Why is the Amazon rainforest so dangerous
- How would you cheat on a test
- Can an ethical hacker work from home?
- Which country is an island
- Decides a situation about our life path
- What is unique about New Zealand's culture
- Why are grandparents more attached to grandchildren?
- Is Italy a gay friendly country?
- Are any industries worth a trillion dollars
- Maids are worth the price
- What percentage of Wikipedia changes will be reset
- Touched your girlfriend inappropriately
- How useful is the German language
- What if I call the police
- The best vengeance is not vengeance
- Are Sicily and Sardinia part of Italy
- What does the national symbol of Nigeria mean
- Why are you such a great person
- Which is worse xenophobia or xenophobia
- How do you feel about jewelry
- How can books help us?
- How actors cry in films
- How do I open a cafe
- Who are the most famous Australians
- What is stopping you from being snobbish?
- What are trusted political news sources
- What do Uber drivers do
- People are vicious, why are you happy
- What are the situations that require empathy
- How to Avoid Lumbar Spine Pain
- What day is National Photography Day