How do I keep our environment clean
We protect our environment
Raising awareness of sustainability
Quick start:Jump directly to the content (Alt 1) Jump directly to the secondary navigation (Alt 3) Jump directly to the main navigation (Alt 2)
© Goethe Institute
We live on earth and need our environment. Good air, clear water and nature are important for our life and should be there for everyone. We have to take care that our environment stays clean.
We are responsible for our environment. We need a lot of water and a lot of raw materials for a comfortable life. But some people use a lot more water and others have too little. It's not fair.
We have to be economical with water and raw materials. People cut too many trees and catch too many fish. They hunt rare animals. Many animal species are dying out.
We are only allowed to use as much as can grow back.
This is called "sustainability". It's like with pocket money - when it is spent, you have to wait until there is more!
How can children help protect the environment?
Children can save energy too:
- Turn off the lights when you go out of the room.
- Turn off any electrical equipment that you are not using.
- Just open the window and door briefly when the heater is on.
- Go on foot or ride your bike.
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth.
- Prefer to shower and bathe less. A bathroom uses three times as much water as a shower!
- Close the faucet properly. It mustn't drip.
- Do not throw rubbish in rivers and lakes.
- Buy things that have little packaging.
- Sort your trash. In Germany, paper, organic waste, metal and plastic are thrown into separate waste bins.
- Do not use things just once, but several times.
- Be economical, for example with paper and paint.
What else can you do for the environment? Do you have any ideas Write them down.
- Should I leave my children with money?
- What is a master sign electrician
- What are the benefits of Chandrayaan 2
- Churches help the homeless
- Which MIT library is best for studying
- What are the top five coding bootcamps
- Which is the best mythology in the world
- What is the fishing industry doing
- Why don't people follow the traffic rules
- Happy people live longer
- Mosquitoes bite other mosquitoes
- Can I get my ID number online?
- What is AP Human Geography
- How do you benefit from reading literature
- Where does the term Eurasia come from?
- There was piracy during the Victorian Macaw
- Makes whataburger a really good burger
- What is a good salary in Hamburg
- Are INTPs judgmental
- Which gemstone should be worn
- Why do government employees seem so unhappy?
- What is China's growing debt problem
- Which is the best accounting software 2
- What salary is good for the basic life