How do TV stations fight commercial skipping?
SuisseDigital is pleased about the decision of the National Council
SuisseDigital still has a million more TV subscribers than its main competitor Swisscom.
With today's decision on time-shifted television (replay TV), the National Council stipulates that the current form of replay TV is considered private copy and is subject to collective exploitation. This means that it is still possible to skip advertising without any restrictions. SuisseDigital welcomes that.
The Association of Cable Network Operators had vehemently opposed the anti-consumer article 37a, as this would have been at the expense of consumers, cultural workers and distributors. SuisseDigital is convinced that the TV stations would not have been happy with the article either. Osterwalder: "In my opinion, the National Council's decision is also the best one for the TV broadcasters. Forcing them to consume private copies of advertising would have been counterproductive, as the TV broadcasters would have lost even more viewers to the streaming services."
From the interest group Radio Fernsehen IRF, which had endorsed the deleted article, no comment was yet available.
- List of companies in the USA
- What is cheap to buy in the US
- Most Chinese people understand Chinese proverbs
- Where should I study an MSW HR
- How do professionals do household cleaning
- Why should we think about our future
- Is ma better in business
- Why is the abortion tax payer funded
- How did Uber get its name
- What is the history of the cashless transaction
- How does the Chinese economy depend on India?
- Is absolutely good
- What is it like to have ALS
- Why did I stop taking care of myself
- Will my holders straighten my teeth again
- Has Elon Musk ever used psychedelics
- How do I write for Quora
- How do you live without your mother
- What is the most enjoyable activity in the world
- Why are many people unemployed
- Which is more important wife or parent
- Is the size important for presidential candidates
- How active should you be on LinkedIn
- Which country is an island