What does penguins eat
In the water
Leopard seal are the most dangerous enemies of the penguins. They wait underwater near the coast and snap immediately when a penguin passes them. Also Whales sometimes penguins eat when a penguin accidentally lands in it when they open their huge mouth.
Skuas (also called skuas) look for eggs from certain species of penguins during the breeding season. If a penguin strays too far from its nest or is careless, they snap to it immediately.
Even the newly hatched chicks are only safe from skuas if they are protected by their parents or other adult animals. But thanks to their skillful hunting techniques, the Skuas occasionally manage to push chicks out of the kindergarten, which then serve as easy prey.
Giant petrels From the air pounce on sick and weak chicks, but also on dead adult animals. In addition, they can also be dangerous in the water: emerging penguins or the as yet inexperienced young animals are not safe from other birds even in the water.
The human used to be an enemy of the penguins as well. David Salomon writes in his book "Penguin-Pedia" that the seafarers used penguins and their eggs as food on their voyages. In addition, the fat was an alternative fuel source for smaller ships. Since the penguin oil was not suitable enough, marine mammals were killed instead. A law was later passed prohibiting the killing of penguins and seals.
In places like Simonstown in South Africa, where the habitats of penguins and humans intersect, the Pets humans are also a danger. Cats and dogs often plunder or destroy the nests.
What is What Volume 107 "Penguins" by Boris Culik
Penguin Pedia by David Salomon (English)
- What does a heartless person look like
- What are some traditional drinks in France
- Companies hire junior full-stack developers
- What was yours I made it
- How do coin shops make their money
- A sergeant major greets a lieutenant
- What is Melania Trump's background
- What kind of teachers do the students appreciate
- What are some tips for the first period
- How do I prepare for the TISSMAT
- Can you sell grocery stamps
- Why is thinking so difficult for people
- How do I check my Walmart participation
- Can raw kidney beans kill adult humans
- Can a fighter jet destroy a helicopter?
- Check messages your account balance
- How does National Socialism work
- What is an immigration status
- What is missing in every generation
- Is the Chinese economy fragile
- What do the Singaporeans think of Eduardo Saverin
- Who is an exempt employee
- Women become more aggressive
- How can breastfed babies smell their mother?