What are some Indian customs and traditions
India, the land of enchanting traditions
There are many different places in India that are definitely worth visiting. In addition, the country offers many different traditions and festivals that you should definitely experience. One of these festivals is called Diwali, which is one of the most important festivals in Hinduism and is also called the Festival of Lights. The festival lasts 5 days, the most important day being the third, because then you eat and celebrate with your family. Diwali is celebrated almost everywhere in India.
Since India is a very large country with many different regions, different rituals have developed that are performed during Diwali. In general, the mood during Diwali is very happy and a warm, cordial and inviting atmosphere is spread.
In addition to various more "usual" traditions, some of which you can also find with us, such as lighting fireworks, cleaning the house, exchanging old clothes and kitchen appliances for new models, there are also some surprising traditions. Taking a bath in essential oils before sunrise would be one of them, usually this bath takes place on the morning of the second day. On the third day, the whole family comes together for a delicious menu. On this day, casinos are also visited, or various raffles are entered into. During the entire five days and nights, cards are played hard, such as rummy and skat, but poker is also not uncommon. Games are also played online, with a wide variety of websites offering a wide range of games.
In addition to Diwali, there are many other traditions and festivals that you have to experience. There are, for example, the henna and mehndi traditions, in which the hands and body are painted with henna and the hair is also dyed with henna. This is a tradition especially at weddings.
Another custom is to paint a point between the eyebrows called a tika, tilaka or tila. This point stands for the so-called third eye, which does not look outwards but inwards. This means that this point sees things that are normally not visible to the naked eye.
Other Indian traditions are the various dances, the music that is produced with special instruments and chariot festivals.
Diwali is one of the most important festivals in India. It's a bit like Christmas in India, families come together, eat together and perform various rituals. If you want to experience this festival once, you should plan your next vacation in India. Not only Diwali, but many different attractions and places are waiting for curious tourists who want to learn more about this wonderful country and its culture. In addition, you not only have the opportunity to celebrate Diwali in India, but you can also experience it in Nepal, Sri Lanka, Singapore and other Asian countries. By the way, in 2018 the Festival of Lights will take place from November 7th to 11th. So there is still enough time to explore and book an unforgettable trip.
- What are the major suburbs in Portland
- What language does Japanese speak
- What did Dennis Ritchie think about C ++
- Where can I find an experienced house painter
- How am I supposed to overcome obsessive-compulsive disorder?
- What should job descriptions contain
- How can you straighten your spine
- What kind of clothing should welders wear?
- What religion burns the dead
- Which countries have the most dangerous prisons?
- If the scholarship is subject to trade tax 194J
- What are politically correct words
- Which proven genes skip a generation
- Will Trump lower taxes again
- Which DSC is required for the IEC code
- What is Vitalik Buterin's fortune
- How do you rate DSCE in Bangalore
- Offer construction management
- What is a good programming skill
- Which is the best domain name provider
- How are children in the United States disciplined
- Why do so many people hate Daughtry
- What are you really excited about
- What are the negative aspects of inflation
- What inspires people most 1
- Is the GDP growth above 4 too high
- What is a growth-promoting economist
- What employment opportunities do philosophy graduates get
- What makes you a widow
- What time is it in Colorado
- What's wrong with Australian cricket
- Make bright teachers make bright students