How does anger affect stuttering?
Coping with stuttering
In general, stuttering cannot and should not be ignored. However, many people are unsure how to react to stuttering and how to deal with stuttering people. Often they give well-intentioned "assistance", such as B .:
- Finish the words and sentences
- Breaking off eye contact
- Advice like "speak slowly"
However, this leads to increased tension, anger, insecurity, or helplessness in most stutterers, which increases the stuttering. For example, if a child's negative or embarrassed reactions to stuttering lead them to believe that speaking is funny and difficult, they will build up pressure to speak. It becomes insecure and loses the desire to speak, which as a consequence can lead to the intensification of and to speaking difficult situations.
Traumatic experiences, accidents, special events or the presence of speech development disorders are not the cause of stuttering, but can help trigger and maintain it.
Many affected people also find stuttering taboo as a disadvantage. It is often helpful for both interlocutors if stuttering is discussed and the stuttering person can explain what behavior he or she would like with regard to his or her stuttering. Accepting listener reactions to stuttering, such as patience, showing understanding, not laughing at them, letting them finish speaking and maintaining eye contact, often help to make a communicative situation pleasant for both conversation partners.
Stuttering therapy for:
Diagnostic and information days
Registration for the diagnostics and information day
Friends & Partners
- What does a happy life entail
- Should Taiwan be independent
- Was Jesus a Buddha
- Is single life better
- What does your living room look like
- Can long-distance relationships actually work?
- How to make jewelry
- Are economists smart as to why?
- What is the purpose of the NGO
- How does Britains feel about immigration?
- What is your life-defining moment
- Get a job in Shanghai
- How did Muhammad die? Was he poisoned?
- What is bipolar disorder
- How can I get DSC
- What are the places of Agra
- Has anyone lived 200 years
- What do you know about Nigeria
- What happens if you mix over muffin batter?
- How do you rate DSCE in Bangalore
- How do auditing firms work
- Rich people work under someone
- How advanced are US planes?
- What was the most disappointing film ending