Is ductility required for welding a metal
Practical knowledge of welding technology pp 202-251 | Cite as
In fusion welding, the material at the welding point is heated above its melting point by the action of the heat source and melted in the process. The temperature decreases exponentially to the neighboring base material on both sides of the seam. The temperature gradient as well as the maximum temperature depend on the power density, the welding speed and the physical properties of the material. Fig. 11-1 shows the temperature fields for two processes with different power densities. In electron beam welding, for example, characterized by a high power density, one finds a high temperature gradient, i. H. a steep drop in temperature from the maximum value - represented by the closely spaced isotherms of the temperature field. In contrast to this, the temperature curve in gas fusion welding with its comparatively low power density is much flatter.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anik / Dorn: Weldability of metallic materials. Düsseldorf: DVS-Verlag, 1995Google Scholar
- Behnisch, H. (Ed.): Compendium of welding technology, Volume 2 and Volume 3. Düsseldorf: DVS-Verlag, 2002Google Scholar
- Boese, U .: The behavior of steels during welding, Part 1: Fundamentals. Düsseldorf: DVSVerlag, 1995Google Scholar
- Boese / Ippendorf: The behavior of steels during welding, Part 2: Application. Düsseldorf: DVS-Verlag, 2001Google Scholar
- Dilthey, U .: Welding production processes, Volume 2: Behavior of materials during welding. Düsseldorf: VDI-Verlag, 1995Google Scholar
- Folkhard, E .: Metallurgy of the welding of stainless steels. Vienna / New York: Springer Verlag, 1984Google Scholar
- Granjon, H .: Material science basics of welding. Düsseldorf: DVS-Verlag, 1993Google Scholar
- Gümpel, P .: Stainless steels. Renningen: expert-verlag, 2001Google Scholar
- Kammer, C .: Magnesium Pocket Book. Dusseldorf. Aluminum-Verlag, 2000Google Scholar
- Killing, R .: Applied welding metallurgy. Düsseldorf: DVS-Verlag, 1996Google Scholar
- Lancaster, J .: Metallurgy of Welding. Cambridge (UK): Abington Publishing, 1998Google Scholar
- Lison: R .: Welding and brazing of special metals and their alloys. Düsseldorf: DVS-Verlag, 1998 Google Scholar
- Lison, R .: Ways to achieve a bond using welding and soldering processes. Düsseldorf: DVS-Verlag, 1998 Google Scholar
- Lohrmann / Lueb: Little material science for welding steel and iron. Düsseldorf: DVS-Verlag, 1995Google Scholar
- Mordike / Wiesner: Joining magnesium materials. Dusseldorf. DVS-Verlag, 2005Google Scholar
- N. N .: Aluminum paperback. Volume 1. Düsseldorf. Aluminum-Verlag, 2002Google Scholar
- Ostermann, F .: Application technology aluminum. Berlin / Heidelberg: Springer, 1998 (VDIBuch) Google Scholar
- Pohle, C .: Welding of material combinations. Düsseldorf: DVS-Verlag, 2000Google Scholar
- Schulze / Krafka / Neumann: welding technology. Düsseldorf: VDI-Verlag, 1992Google Scholar
- Schroer, H .: Welding and brazing of aluminum materials. Düsseldorf: DVS-Verlag, 2002Google Scholar
- Schuster, J .: Welding of iron, steel and nickel materials. Guide to welding metallurgical practice. Düsseldorf: DVS Verlag, 1997Google Scholar
- Seyffarth, P .: Atlas welding ZTU diagrams. Specialist series of welding technology, Volume 75. Düsseldorf: DVS Media, 2010Google Scholar
- Strasbourg / Wehner: welding of stainless steels. Düsseldorf: DVS Media, 2009Google Scholar
Authors and Affiliations
There are no affiliations available
- What is the story of the Chinese government
- Does the experience letter differ from the relief letter?
- Do you have to work in prison?
- What is the commercial use of photos
- Are the Scots really Irish?
- Why are China's workers cheap and productive
- Who is the best chiropractor in the world
- Google employees are allowed to use Bing
- What are the cities that Joshua conquered
- What is CRM for retail
- Where does the name Memaw come from
- What are the best dishes to try
- Eat turkish pork
- Why does my refrigerator smell like chlorine
- What makes the University of Denver so special
- What is the average media content
- Street fighting is a martial art
- Is it possible to practice French Quora?
- Can a mouse climb a wall?
- Germany is the most Americanized European country
- How do I overcome work stress
- What is the best complexity of the algorithm runtime
- Why do I never get excited again
- What physically draws men to women