What are signs that your cat is dying?
Is it possible to prevent old age in cats?
A cat's age is influenced by two factors: environmental factors and genetically inherited age. While the genetic factor can only be influenced by targeted breeding, you can increase the life expectancy of your furry friend through a healthy lifestyle and thus also influence old age in cats.
Cats are carnivores and need high levels of protein. In addition, the supplementary feeding of vitamin A and taurine is essential, as cats cannot produce the two substances themselves. Arginine or arachnidonic acid are also nutrients that are important for a healthy diet and an old age for your cat.
Exercise is essential for a healthy cat life - science has known that for a long time. Exercise does not always have to mean high-performance sport for your cat. If your cat is able to roam the neighborhood, it will usually move around sufficiently. However, if you have a cozy house tiger at home, you can lure it with the help of toys or interesting courses. This is how you can prevent premature old age in cats.
Regular health checks
Many senior cats suffer from systemic diseases such as diabetes or kidney problems. Joint diseases such as joint wear and tear (osteoarthritis) are also common in old cats. Regular visits to the vet are advisable so that you can identify and treat these diseases as early as possible. They can help your old cat, for example by giving them painkillers.
A stress free environment
In contrast to adult cats, old cats have weaker immune systems. If they are also stressed, they are even more susceptible to infections and other diseases. This means that old age can also advance faster in cats.
Make sure that the environment is stress-free and avoid animal additions or noisy festivities. If this is inevitable, you can consider stress-relieving measures such as the use of pheromones.
It is a normal process for cats' memories to deteriorate with age. However, you can slow down this development a bit by giving your cat brain teasers. Hiding food and offering intelligence toys can strengthen brain performance.
- Why should workers strike?
- Daenerys Targaryen made mistakes
- Dream meaning Is this dream an omen
- Is London a state or a city
- The Germans today praise Hitler and the Nazis
- How often do you take a bath
- How do I buy foreign currency
- Is Bali too expensive to travel
- What are some proxy websites
- Who ventilates danger
- What is the research grant
- What is it like to be monolingual
- What would veterinarians wish if pet owners knew?
- How does Chinese culture express its feelings
- Is Syria a dictatorship
- Is Jimmy Wales happy with his life
- Why is Ukraine so poor
- How do you touch a girl
- Why does hard work offend people?
- What if Islam never came into being?
- What was the worst airplane in World War II
- What is the biggest problem facing teenagers
- Is it beneficial to go down the stairs?
- Can you explain the development of society