Why is baby care necessary
Baby care: less is more or what do you really need?
Does it even have to be special products for babies?
We can answer this question with a clear “yes”, because delicate baby skin has different needs than the skin of an adult. Your baby's skin is around three to five times thinner than your skin and its protective function is not yet fully developed. As a result, baby skin dries out faster and possible pollutants can penetrate more easily. When it comes to care products especially for babies, the motto is: less is more! Care products for babies are at best free from synthetic colors and fragrances, mineral oils, parabens and PEG emulsifiers.
Which care products are useful?
Midwives usually recommend using as few care products as possible on newborns, especially if the skin is healthy. Since your baby does not get really dirty, except for the diaper area, it is sufficient to clean the child with a soft washcloth and lukewarm water at the beginning. Think of skin folds and bends under the arms and behind the ears. If you want, you can also cleanse the sensitive skin folds with an organic skin oil. Make sure that the oil does not contain any other harmful ingredients, so it can be used safely and in many ways in baby care. In the first few months, a weekly bath in clear water is sufficient to avoid damaging the protective acid mantle of the baby's sensitive skin. Later you can add lipid replenishing additives to the bath water if necessary; a good baby skin oil, for example almond oil, is also suitable here.
The care of the diaper area.
Whenever you change your baby's diaper, you should carefully clean the particularly stressed diaper area. Basically, a soft cloth and lukewarm water are sufficient here. Particularly in the diaper area, care should be taken to ensure that cleaning is particularly skin-friendly so that any irritated skin is not additionally stressed. Here, too, some baby oil can be used to care for the skin, this can help the skin to prevent a sore bottom. Of course, you can also use practical wet wipes, but these often contain fragrances that can cause allergies. So always pay attention to the ingredients of wet wipes. If the bottom is sore and irritated, a wound protection cream with zinc can accelerate the healing process.
Apply cream to skin as needed.
If your baby tends to have dry skin, midwives recommend a massage with a nourishing, fragrance-free lotion or skin oil after bathing. If the delicate facial skin is dry, a delicate care cream can be used here. Make sure that the skin care cream does not contain any unnecessary ingredients that could trigger allergies, for example.
Some babies are born with a beautiful head of hair, which they usually lose again in the first six months. Even baby hair does not need any special care from a product at the beginning, a washcloth and lukewarm water are enough to clean the head. Stroke the head gently and without pressure, because newborns have a soft and sensitive fontanel. As your child's hair is growing out, you can use a mild baby shampoo if necessary. Good for babies' heads: pat dry carefully and use a soft baby brush so as not to irritate the scalp.
As you can see, delicate baby skin doesn't need as many care products in the first few months as you probably thought. Don't be confused by the large selection of products and listen to your gut instinct here too.
Baby care equipment at a glance:
- soft baby washcloths
- Skin care oil, e.g. B. Organic almond oil
- Wet or oil wipes
- Baby care cream
- Wound protection cream
- mild baby shampoo
- Baby hairbrush
- Uses Google Keyword Meta Tags
- Who was Heinrich Frauenlob
- Is democracy compatible with economic growth?
- What do people call you
- Why is Spain called Spain
- Is job is better than business
- Can Christians and Hindus be married
- Why is bluetooth speaker important
- Why are people exposed to bullying
- Why are grandparents more attached to grandchildren?
- What only Australians understand
- How is a gratuity calculated in CTC
- What is the hardest recipe ever
- How many kanji are college students studying
- Which brick is good for construction
- Urinary incontinence can be psychological
- When is the line project 2020
- How should we punish false accusers?
- Could heal the brain after damage
- Is Nigeria a Muslim country
- Is the GDP growth above 4 too high
- Can i invest in Bharat 22 ETF
- Does the experience letter differ from the relief letter?
- Why did feudalism arise in Western Europe?