Should pizza toppings be pre-cooked
Cooked or raw mushrooms on pizza?
Short answer: it depends.
You are right that the decision to pre-cook mushrooms before placing them on pizza is about controlling moisture. Some strong mushrooms like Portabellos are also about cooking completely. The following must be taken into account:
- What is the mushroom density per pizza area? That is, how much space is between the panes?
- Are these strong mushrooms (white, crimini, portabello) or tender mushrooms (chantrelle, oyster, enoki)?
- How thick are they cut?
- Are there other "wet" items on the pizza topping, such as a sauce or fresh tomatoes?
- How thick is the crust?
- How long does the pizza cook and how hot?
At one end of the scale, if you're making a thin crust and tomato sauce pizza and covering it completely with thickly sliced portables, you should almost certainly be pre-cooking it. However, if you're making a deep dish pizza with just a few thinly sliced white mushrooms on top then don't mind. Things in between are at your discretion.
For pizza restaurants, American pizza is a medium crust, and they generally don't put as many mushrooms on each slice, so it's okay to serve them raw. However, I've been to thin crust neo-political style pizzerias where they actually partially cooked the "wild mushrooms" in front of me.
When you pre-cook the mushrooms, you'll also want to cook them so that moisture is removed. That means frying them in the pizza oven on a baking sheet with parchment ... without them to roast meat.
- Is Luxembourg a good place for backpackers
- The green lantern is often underestimated
- Indians have Greek ancestry
- What languages do you know
- What is the salary of the AFMC doctors
- What is petroleum technology like as a career
- Which companies are hiring newbies as game programmers?
- What would happen if the Indian population decreased
- Is science the religion of the future?
- How does it feel after getting married?
- What is the Best Contract Management Certification
- Can a psychiatrist work as a psychologist
- What does mexican food do to you
- What are teen trends in 2019
- Who made the first phone
- Do narcissists respect their elders
- How safe is the White House
- Company's wage and salary information system
- What kind of mutual funds are there
- Do headphones change the sound of music
- What is the most religiously diverse country
- What is your favorite chinese painting
- Does the Metoo Movement Make a Difference
- What screams I'm from Paris