Indians are the greatest bullshitters in the world
Mutations: what we know about the Indian variant - and what not
India's health system threatens to collapse under the corona burden. The rapid increase in new infections every day has led to a shortage of drugs and medical oxygen, and patients are queuing in front of the hospitals.
The new virus mutant B.1.617 is probably partly responsible for the dramatic situation. Like other countries, Germany has therefore imposed an extensive entry ban for India from Monday. What is known about the Indian mutation so far:
Where does the mutant come from?
Viruses are constantly changing. The virus that triggered the global corona pandemic has already undergone thousands of mutations, some of which are more worrying than others. India reported the occurrence of the genome B.1.617 to the sequence database of the Global Initiative for Sharing All Influenza Data (Gisaid) for the first time in October 2020.
The Indian Ministry of Health pointed out the variant at the end of March 2021. At that time, it was detected in 15 to 20 percent of the samples analyzed in the state of Maharashtra most affected by the pandemic. According to the latest information, B.1.617 now accounts for around 60 percent of new corona infections in India. The variant has already been identified in 20 other countries.
Is there cause for concern?
The mutant B.1.617 has so far been classified as "of interest" by the World Health Organization (WHO). Unlike the variants that were first discovered in Brazil, South Africa and Great Britain, B.1.617 is not yet considered to be "worrying".
The variant has several mutations, including E484Q and L452R. These abbreviations indicate the exact position of the respective genetic change in the virus genome. The two mutations are the reason why B.1.617 is also referred to as a double mutant.
- What do you think about young marriage
- What are the best qualities of humanity
- Who ventilates danger
- How can government help eradicate poverty
- Is Oklahoma City dangerous
- What do you care about me?
- Which city in Ireland is the friendliest
- How much money are you saving
- Hiring Google MBA Finance Graduates
- Vietnamese are the Spartans of Asia
- What hazards for the workplace are geotechnical engineers exposed to
- Can an American retire in Wales?
- What do you love about your job
- How did you get through high school
- Why do I want babies so badly
- How is the hotel management field
- Can a young girl become a spy?
- Why we should know the story
- Will extraterrestrial extraterrestrials attack us
- What are signs of human inbreeding
- Zomato accepts Google Pay
- Should LeBron James leave Cleveland
- How can I get the business tax back
- Bad HR means a bad company