What is happening in Yemen
Questions and answers about the humanitarian disaster in Yemen
Every ten minutes a child dies from starvation or illness. Severely malnourished children are susceptible to infection. Your immune system is severely weakened. Many die from a combination of hunger and the diarrheal disease cholera.
A whole generation is lost. Schools were closed or destroyed. Children cannot go to school. The number of children's weddings is increasing. Some girls are married off at the age of eight so that the family has one less member to support.
What about the blockages?
The blockade of the ports was intended to hit the rebels in the north of the country. Ultimately, however, it has dramatic consequences for the people of the country. The warring parties take the population hostage. The geographical location makes it easy for them: Because of the blockade of sea and land routes, nobody and nothing can get into and out of Yemen. Since the people are stuck, there are no refugee movements that could worry the destination countries - there is therefore no public outcry.
It is high time that the blockade of the ports was lifted completely so that supplies can come back into the country. In regions without electricity, we work with generators in order to be able to maintain at least basic supply in hospitals and health centers. Certain vaccines and medicines also need to be refrigerated. If we run out of fuel, we will no longer be able to do so.
- How can teachers inspire me?
- What is the impression of the Russians on China?
- What are some research topics for accounting
- What are your favorite streetwear styles
- Flirting Pakistani girls
- Cold weather can affect a menstrual cycle
- Are 20 years old adults
- Does EFT work
- How much can an environmental engineer earn
- Why is programming such a good career
- Why does Ex contact me
- What is Bloomberg's competitive advantage
- What makes a god powerless?
- How older is the Oracle company
- Why do Billionaires do charity
- How do people become gay or lesbian
- What makes a good nursing home administrator
- Why did Russia invade Germany during World War II
- Can a divorced Christian marry a Muslim?
- When should we start planning for retirement?
- Where can we have and has
- Do you prefer a long distance relationship
- Are INTPs really just intelligent underperformers
- Why are deadlines important for students