What if Gran Colombia had become federalist?
The subject of this PVS special issue are analyzes of the development of federal states as well as the mediation of interests and the efficiency of politics in federal states. The historical and international comparative analyzes are related to the current discussion about cooperation or competition in the state. This debate is interpreted as an expression of changed social problems, new conflicts of interest and a restructuring of social interests. The task of federalism research is to examine the connections between social and political changes and changes in federal structures. The individual contributions deal with the historical development of the interaction between the formation of institutions and social changes in federal states, the influence of structures of the party system and the mediation of interests on politics in the state, as well as the efficiency and adaptability of federal institutions in individual policy fields. They extend to states in Western Europe and North America. At present, tendencies towards a social decentralization and restructuring of social conflicts and interest structures are particularly pronounced.
Federal states Federal Council European Union European Union (EU) Federalism Institution Conflict Parties Party system Politics Political fields Comparative research on federalism
About the authors
Dr. Arthur Benz is Professor of Political Science at the FernUniversität Hagen.
Dr. Gerhard Lehmbruch is em. Professor at the University of Konstanz.
- Book TitleFederalism
- Book SubtitleAnalysen from a developmental and comparative perspective
- Editors Arthur Benz
- Series TitlePolitical quarterly special issue
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-663-10075-1
- Copyright InformationVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, Wiesbaden 2002
- Publisher NameVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, Wiesbaden
- eBook PackagesSpringer Book Archive
- Softcover ISBN978-3-531-13694-3
- eBook ISBN978-3-663-10075-1
- Series ISSN0720-4809
- Edition Number1
- Number of Pages VI, 407
- Number of Illustrations19 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- Additional Information Originally published as a magazine issue.
- Topics Political Science
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- How do I marry an American
- Will someone donate some money to me?
- What are auxiliary words
- What are movies about Hollywood
- What is a good series of books to read
- What is the best mexican pork dish
- What do LGBT people think of Tumblr
- How does culture influence parenting
- How do I keep our environment clean
- How can levoscoliosis lumbar spine be treated
- Why shouldn't I go out with rich people
- How do governments pay off unfunded liabilities
- What musical instruments are easy to learn
- What are startup companies in Vietnam
- Are Infinix phones worth buying?
- Are all people mean and bad
- When should a startup get an office?
- Is Azerbaijan a rich country
- What are the most charming small towns
- Are Japanese and Chinese the same
- The average land price will always go up
- Why are tube jeans so popular?
- What is your greatest hope for humanity
- Why is school a waste of time