How can I renounce Brazilian citizenship?
In general, Austrian citizenship law does not allow for dual or multiple citizenships. This principle is only broken in certain special cases.
Acquisition of foreign citizenship by Austrians
Anyone who voluntarily acquires a foreign citizenship, loses thereby basically the Austrian citizenship. In order not to lose Austrian citizenship, permission to retain it must be applied for in writing before acquiring foreign citizenship and approved with a written notification.
The retention of Austrian citizenship is granted if this
- is in the interest of the Republic of Austria or
- is justified with a reason in the applicant's private and family life that is particularly worthy of consideration (e.g. expected significant occupational impairment) and Austrian citizenship was acquired at birth or
- in the case of minors, is in the best interests of the child.
The approval of the retention must be given before applying for the foreign citizenship, otherwise the Austrian citizenship will be lost.
The citizenship department of the respective office of the state government is responsible for granting the retention of citizenship.
Acquisition of Austrian citizenship by foreigners
Anyone who acquires Austrian citizenship by awarding it, loses thereby basically the foreign citizenship. If the previous home law does not provide for the automatic loss of citizenship upon acceptance of Austrian citizenship, Austrian citizenship is guaranteed first. Thereafter, the person concerned must have their previous citizenship within two years in order to obtain Austrian citizenship afterwards.
Only if the granting of Austrian citizenship is in the special interest of the Republic of Austria (granting in the interests of the state) because of the extraordinary achievements that the foreigner has already provided and is still expected to do, Austria waives the right to withdraw from the previous state association.
The citizenship department of the respective office of the state government is responsible for granting Austrian citizenship.
Dual citizenship for children
Are the parents married, the child acquires Austrian citizenship at birth if one of the parents is an Austrian citizen.
Are the parents not married and is just that father If the child is an Austrian citizen, but the mother is a citizen of another country, the child acquires Austrian citizenship through descent if the öAustrian father within 8 weeks has either recognized paternity after the birth or his paternity has been determined by a court. Paternity can also be recognized before the child is born. If only the mother is an Austrian citizen, the child will acquire Austrian citizenship at the time of birth.
If the principle of descent also applies in the foreign parent's country of origin (as in Austria), the child is Dual citizen. According to Austrian law, the child must be of legal age Not decide for a nationality - however, the other state may ask for a decision.
i.a. §§ 10 (6), 28 State Citizenship Act (StbG)
Responsible for the content: Federal Ministry of the Interior
- How much space will Mobile Fortnite take up
- How are Nigerian men treated in Nigeria
- What is a bird's nest made of
- Are UCC 1 Strawman claims valid?
- Is it easy to learn the cello?
- What is a birthday 7
- Montenegro is part of the EU
- The US President sits in Congress
- How is the night life in Montgomery Alabama
- What are some delicious pizza topping combinations
- Why did you stop using dating sites
- Like Narendra Modi personally
- What is the best home security system
- Where are dental implants possible in Patna?
- Who is your oldest living relative
- What percentage of people have children?
- What is an individual retirement credit
- What did slaves eat in the 19th century
- Can fart a corpse
- What is happiness behind a rich man
- What is fish odor syndrome
- Where can melanoma begin
- Is there anything good about ITC Infotech
- What is the role of an engineer
- Who or what brought the universe to life
- How does it feel to be fired
- Can God give supernatural powers to Christians
- Why did England lose the ashes in 2019
- Did you make your breakfast
- Is it normal to eat deer?
- What are running shoes
- What is cheap and best projector
- What do the Turks think of Portugal
- How do you participate in the share buyback