What are the best drain cleaning methods
How to Get Rid of Hair in a Sink Do-it-yourself clogging in the bathtub
If you feel an unpleasant odor in the bathroom and the water does not completely enter the tap, you can be sure that the bathroom drain is clogged. We will find out how to deal with the problem at home and how to get rid of clogging in the bathroom.
There are several ways to get rid of corks in the pipe, including people. Before starting to deal with blockages by radical methods and applying chemicals, it is better to break the drain using simple and affordable means.
Remove the blockage with improvised means
Warm five liters of water on top of boiling water and pour it into the drainage hole. At an early stage of contamination, this method will help quickly clean the pipe in the bathroom. If the water does not flow into the pipe at all, then this technique should not be used. Plastic pipes should not be washed with boiling water. It is better if the water temperature is not higher than 90 degrees.
The cheapest device that can be used to clear clogs in the bathroom and that is available in every home is a plunger. Think about how to get rid of a clog in the bathroom and remove the plugs in the pipe with a suitable plunger. It is useful to use the device to prevent clogging.
- Fill the bathtub with water so that the rubber nozzle of the plunger is covered with liquid.
- Install the plunger by blocking the drain hole and lightly squeezing the handle.
- Move the plunger handle up and down without tearing off the rubber portion of the device from the drainage surface. After pumping the drain several times, it is better to lift the device slightly so that water enters the pipe. If you need to verify that the clogs in the bathroom have been cleared, turn on the hot water and rinse out the drain. If the water is hard to flow, it is better to try again.
If the pipe is so clogged that not even water gets into the drain hole, remove the cork with soda and vinegar.
- Pour five tablespoons of soda in the sink and pour half a glass of vinegar.
- Cover the hole with a stopper and wait for the chemical reaction to complete.
- Rinse the pipe with hot water under high pressure.
How to clear the clog in the bathroom if the drain is clogged so that the above remedies will not help? Use a special cable. The device resembles a twisted wire wound in a spiral with a handle on the end.
Particular caution is required with plastic pipes with cables. It is better to cover the floor near the bathtub so as not to get dirty when removing the device.
- Put the sharp tip of the device into the drain hole. The cable must always be taut. So it's better to work together.
- Rotate the handle as you pass the cord through the pipe to clear any clogs in the bathroom. If you feel like you've encountered an obstacle, move the cable back and forth several times and continue tightening the rod. The blockage breaks or is removed together with the cable.
- At the end of the process, rinse the drain with hot water.
How to clean a siphon
Often the cause of the unpleasant smell is a siphon that is clogged and a foul-smelling sediment accumulates on the walls. What to do to get rid of undesirable consequences
- Under a siphon under the bathtub, put a cloth that will absorb water well. Place a container of dirty liquid on the cloth.
- Carefully loosen the nut and remove the piston.
- After the water has drained, rinse the siphon and remove any dirt that has accumulated on the walls.
- In order not to disturb the water seal, install the plunger so that the drain pipe does not rest on it.
- Turn on the water and check the system for leaks.
In the absence of methods of eliminating the clogging in the pipe, household chemicals can be used. Be careful with "heavy artillery" if there are plastic pipes in the bathroom. How to clean the clogging in the bathroom with household chemicals and not damage the sewer system? Always follow the manufacturer's directions and purchase products specifically designed for your pipes. Choose detergents that will dissolve hair and wool as these are the most common contributors to the appearance of cork.
Prevention of constipation
If you do not want to try all the known methods of cleaning pipes at home to clear clogs in the bathroom, then it is worth remembering about preventive measures.
- Do not allow food residues, especially grease, building rubble and other foreign objects, to get into the drainage hole of the bathtub.
- Replace old pipes in good time. Cast iron pipes need to be cleaned more often than plastic.
- Install small nets in the drain holes and blockages in the bathroom will rarely bother you.
- Fill in pipe cleaner regularly.
- Use a plunger frequently to effectively avoid jams.
- It is advisable to flush the drain with hot water and soda every two weeks.
Clogged bathroom drain holes can occur in any home, regardless of the accuracy of the owners. And since the bathroom is the main element of comfort in the apartment, this situation creates discomfort and a desire to quickly resolve the problem. In order to optimally clean the sewer, you need to analyze the possible causes and determine which part of the drain is clogged.
Causes of Constipation
Most often, the cause of a malfunction in the bathroom sewer system is the ingress of foreign objects into the drain. However, there are a number of reasons that lead to clogging of the bathroom:
- Small debris falls into the drainage hole: hair, animal hair, threads, spools of clothing.
- A large foreign object fell into the sewer. Such a blockage can be eliminated by disassembling and cleaning the siphon. If the garbage is stuck in the pipe, then you will have to use other methods.
- The formation of fat deposits on the inside of the drain, narrowing the hole and preventing normal water passage. Most often this applies to cast iron pipes because they have a rough inner surface.
- Worn out sewer system.
- Incorrect installation of the sewer pipes (the angle of inclination is not observed).
- The central sewer is blocked.
If the work of the drain gradually deteriorates, it means that it is clogged with small garbage. If the problem was severe, then something large got into the hole or there was a blockage in the central sewer system.
To avoid problems with a general drain, you need to open the water in the kitchen and bathroom and flush the toilet at the same time. If the water does not flow well everywhere then this is the whole house problem and it will not work on its own.
The problem of a worn out sewer system or improper installation can only be completely solved by restoring the sewer pipe. Before an overhaul, you must constantly take preventive measures and carry them out regularly.
How to clean the drain pipe
There are several ways to clean the drain:
- Mechanically - clean a siphon with a plunger or cable.
- Chemical - the use of strong solvents or you can use folk remedies.
- Thermal - based on the use of hot water.
When using any of the above methods, you must use protective equipment such as gloves and a mask (in case of a sharp, unpleasant smell).
Piston and without
You can clean the drain with a plunger with air or water. However, before doing any work, you need to plug the top overflow with a cork, other plunger or rag (although this is less effective). You can seal it with tape. If this does not happen, all efforts will be useless, as the air will come out through the top hole and not push the blockage into the pipe.
If cleaning is done with air, the surface of the bathtub must be dry and the part of the piston that comes into contact with the surface must be lubricated with petroleum jelly (to improve the tightness). After the preliminary work, place the working part of the plunger over the drain and press it to the surface. Make a few sharp movements up and down without tearing the rubber part out of the bathtub. This creates pressure that pushes the blockage. If the manipulation did not give a result, the procedure should be repeated with water.
Draw water into the bath (preferably hot) until it is halfway up the rubber part of the plunger. Make a few sharp movements, with the latter pull the plunger sharply out of the water. In this case, the accumulated dirt will be carried to the riser pipe by the water pressure or drawn back into the bath (if it is near the hole).
The bathroom and sink are connected to each other. Therefore, before the procedure, you need to close the drain in the sink to avoid splashing water.
In the absence of a plunger, you can use your own hands or a rag. The principle of operation is the same: tightly close the hole and pull sharply. Repeat the process several times. In this way, you can clear a slight constipation.
With a cable
If the method described above does not work, then the cork will be in the depth of the pipes and you will have to use an installation cable. It's a flexible, durable spiral wire with a handle.
Cleaning a small diameter plastic pipe should be extremely careful as it can damage its integrity.
- Plug the end of the cable into the drain.
- Move the cable forward by rotating it slowly. You will need a partner for this work, as you cannot twist and push at the same time.
- The cable must always be under tension, otherwise it will not go through the coils of the pipe and can be damaged.
- After feeling like the cable is resting, you need to pull it back and forth.
- Remove the cord from the drain and wash it thoroughly.
- Rinse the sewer well with hot water.
- Repeat the process if necessary.
If there are no special devices (plungers, cables), you can take advantage of what is in each house.
- A vacuum cleaner with a non-return function will help clear clogged bathrooms quickly. To do this, connect the hose to the exhaust port. Insert the end of the hose into the drain opening. To do this, you can use the rubber cup from the piston or simply wrap the joints with rags and turn on the vacuum cleaner. You do not have to switch the vacuum cleaner on at full power immediately, as this can damage the duct holders. Safety precautions must be strictly observed as the combination of water and electrical appliances is potentially dangerous.
- Cut off the bottom of the plastic bottle and screw the cork on. Collect water in the bathtub, put the bottle with a hole in the drain and make a few sharp movements, like a plunger. Helps with small blockages.
- Turn the watering can out of the shower, insert the end of the hose into the drain hole and open hot water under high pressure. With boiling water, fat deposits on the walls of the pipes are washed away. Any flexible hose with a suitable diameter can also be used. Put one end on the faucet, lower the second down the drain.
Special household chemicals
Chemicals help clear constipation quickly. When choosing, you should pay attention to cast iron or plastic pipes, it is by design and what clogs it loosens (fatty deposits or organic deposits). Household chemicals are available in the form of a gel, powder, or liquid.
In most cases, the principle of operation is the same:
- The substance must be carefully poured down the drain.
- Powder pour water.
- Wait a certain time (indicated in the instructions).
- Rinse with plenty of hot or cold water (also according to instructions).
Read the instructions before use and wear protective gloves.
Common and effective substances:
- Mole is very effective, but prohibited for use in plastic pipes. On the shelves you can find in the form of a liquid, powder, gel.
- Mr. Muscle - removes dirt and odors well. Suitable for all types of pipes.
- Tiret - the tool dissolves blockages quickly and without the smell of ammonia.
Frequent use of chemicals leads to the gradual destruction and wear of pipes.
Do not use household chemicals to clean shower stall drains as they contain acids that will destroy the sewer components and acrylic surface.
It is better to clear blockages in the cabins by manual or mechanical measures.
Folk remedies at home
Without resorting to chemicals, blockages can be cleared with soda, acid, and boiling water. Pour a glass of soda into the hole, pour a glass of 9% vinegar on top and quickly close the cork. Let stand for 30 minutes. - During this time the blockage is released. Rinse well with boiling water. This method works well with cast iron pipes, but caution should be exercised with plastic pipes.
You can also mix 200 gr. Soda and salt with 300 ml of water. The resulting composition is poured into the sewer and incubated for 10 minutes. Then use a plunger or rag to create a vacuum and move up and down sharply to try to break the blockage.
How to clean the drain in the bathroom or shower the folk way
The most common drain cleaning methods
How to clean a siphon
If access to the siphon is free, then the blockage must be cleaned with a siphon. If it is difficult to get, but no method is producing results, then you need to get it and clean it up.
The siphon always contains water. Therefore, before performing any work, you need to put on a rag and prepare a container for dirty water from the siphon. Loosen the nut and remove the piston. Drain, pour out any accumulated residue, and wash the flask thoroughly of soap and grease. Catch the siphon and check for leaks.
Video: how to clean the siphon
How to remove the odor from the drain
- Check the sewage system for leaks and fix any leaks.
- Clean the siphon and replace the sealing elements if necessary.
- Use purchased household cleaners to remove plaque from the inside of the pipes.
- To avoid odors if you are absent for a long time, pour some vegetable oil down the drain. This will prevent the water from evaporating from the water trap and causing an unpleasant odor. If this is not the case, it is enough to disassemble the siphon and wash it thoroughly.
How to clean the faucet / mixer - if it is clogged
Excessive water pressure from the tap can have the following causes:
- Damage to the mixer. Spare parts or a complete spare part are required.
- Lime scale build-up inside the mixer and aerator.
Cleaning the badge isn't difficult if you are familiar with pliers and an adjustable wrench.
Aerator - a metal nozzle with a fine mesh at the top of the crane's spout. Designed to saturate water with oxygen and filter small debris that was contained in tap water.
For cleaning, the mixer must be carefully dismantled and the aerator removed so as not to damage the chrome surface. Rinse all parts under running water and place in a container with 9% vinegar. The exposure time depends on the degree of soiling (from 1 to 12 hours). Remove, wash well and reassemble. For cleaning, you can also use a tool for cleaning toilets and sinks, which are good at attacking lime scale.
How to clean a clogged aerator in one tap video
Preventing constipation when showering or bathing
Regular preventive measures make the removal of serious wastewater blockages superfluous.
- Use a protective net to prevent small debris from entering the drain.
- Soap and fat deposits on the pipes can be loosened by flushing the sewer with hot water once a week.
- Regularly conduct preventive cleaning with folk remedies.
- Clean the siphon once a month.
- Use a plunger regularly.
Among the methods presented, at least one will be effective in a specific situation and will help clean the drain in the bathroom. Do not despair, even if the case turns out to be special or neglected. There are services that provide qualified help in a short time with professional equipment and special tools.
A bathroom in our time is one of the essential requirements for comfort. But even if you use the plumbing as carefully as possible, there are times when you have to deal with a situation where the water does not go down the drain. You shouldn't go looking for the culprit and finding out who was the last one in the bathroom. All you have to do is roll up your sleeves and break the blockage. Today we are going to tell you how to clean the pipe in the bathroom at home as soon as possible.
The main causes of constipation
Before you start cleaning the pipe, you need to make sure that it is not a general, but a local blockage. If the central sewage system of the house is clogged, the employees of the housing office are busy cleaning the pipes.
Important! To make sure the problem is only in your apartment, turn on the water in the bathroom and kitchen. If the water in the kitchen is leaking freely and there is water in the bathroom, then it is time to start cleaning the plumbing in the bathroom.
The main causes of blockage are the following factors:
- Layer of fat on the pipes. The best way to fix the problem is to use special chemical compounds.
- Design error of the sewer system. The craftsmen were able to lay the pipes at the wrong angle when laying them. In this case, only by correcting the design error and restoring the problem area of the sewer pipe can completely eliminate the cause of the clogging.
- Deterioration of the sewer system.
- Neglecting basic preventive measures and rules for maintaining sewer systems.
- Waste that falls into the sink: pet dander, hair, rag particles, thread, etc.
Important! All these reasons not only lead to the fact that the water no longer comes out normally, but also to an unpleasant odor, which is due to the decomposition of the garbage stuck in the sink. Therefore, in order to ensure the comfort in the house, the problem must definitely be resolved, especially since knowing how to quickly clean the pipe in the bathroom at home will help.
How to get rid of clogging in the bathroom at home
If the water does not flow well into the drain, urgent action must be taken to clear the clog. Alternatively, you can use the services of a specialist. However, we suggest solving the problem on your own using one of the methods described below.
The most common and easiest option that a woman can use is to use a plunger to clean the clog in the bathroom. This method can even be used for prophylaxis. The more you use the plunger, the less the problem of clogging will occur.
Step by step instructions:
- Gently smear the rubber part of the plunger with petroleum jelly so that it rests firmly against the drain.
- Fill the bathtub with a little water (up to halfway through the device's rubber shell).
- Install the plunger so that the rubber nozzle completely covers the drain hole.
- Use sharp, intense movements to raise and lower the plunger. Air suddenly falls down the drain, pushing through the resulting blockage.
- With the last swing, pull the plunger sharply out of the water.
- Turn on hot water to wash off dirt.
- If the blockage did not clear the first time, repeat the process several times.
Important! You can also use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the problem if it has the function of reverse blowing air and is very powerful. Proceed as follows:
- Cut the rubber ball in half so that one half is smaller than the other. The size of the ball must be larger than the drain hole.
- Fold the halves together and make a hole in the center that is the same size as the pipe diameter of the vacuum cleaner.
- Insert the vacuum cleaner tube into the hole and secure the structure with tape or clamps.
- Connect the hose to the outlet of the vacuum cleaner.
- Squeeze the homemade plunger and turn on the device. The cleaning process can be compared to operating the piston with the addition of a strong flow of air.
How do you break a blockage in a bathroom with a plumbing cord?
Of course, only small blockages can be removed with the help of a piston. In the case of serious problems, when the clog in the pipe is far away or the lump of garbage is severely compressed, it is possible to clean the pipe in the bathroom at home only with the help of an installation cable.
The essence of this method is as follows: with the help of a cable, garbage is pulled out or pushed onto a wider highway.
Important! An installation cable cannot be used to clean plastic and chrome pipes, as their inner surface can be damaged.
This procedure is carried out as follows:
- Put on your hands with gloves on.
- Disassemble the siphon under the sink.
- Gently pull the end of the cable out so that it can catch the debris.
- Insert the straight end into the drain hole.
- Carefully rotate the dirt along the pipe with slight twisting movements.
- After removing the main obstacle, make some sharp bumps along the pipe.
- Pull the cord along with dirt.
- Pour hot water into the drain hole.
Important! Pay attention to the following nuances so that you can comfortably clean the pipe in the bathroom at home:
- An installation cable can be bought at the store, or you can make it yourself: take a piece of sufficiently flexible metal cable, bend the end and fluff the tip. The cable moves well along the pipe bends and cannot be against the knee. To make it easier to use and to hold the cable in place, wrap it in a kind of handle.
- Work with a cable for efficiency and convenience. The assistant monitors the cable tension. Push the sharp tip into the drain hole, and at the same time the assistant will make twisting motions. Turn on the water and continue to act as a cord. Water and the movement of the cable within the pipe will handle the blockage.
With a narrow hose:
- Attach a rubber-tight hose to the hot water tap and tighten firmly.
- Dip the other end of the hose as deep as possible into the drain hole.
- Turn on the water.
- Move forward with a hose.
- The pressure of hot water and pressure movements affect the blockage and clear it.
- Fill a full bath with hot water and abruptly open the drain cover. At the same time, work as a pestle so that the water, due to the pressure, washes away the remaining clogs.
It is necessary to clean the siphon not only during clogging, but also with the aim of taking preventive measures to get rid of the unpleasant odor.
Proceed as follows:
- Place a soft cloth under the siphon on the floor.
- Make a basin or bowl.
- Carefully unscrew the fasteners.
- Take out the plunger.
- Wait until all the water has drained into the prepared container.
- Clean the siphon from dirt.
- Rinse the siphon with running water.
- Replace the device. Make sure that the drain pipe does not rest on the piston, otherwise the water seal may break.
- Turn on the water without removing the basin, making sure that the tightness is not broken.
Chemicals are loyal helpers
Removing blockages in the bathroom at home is possible without a plunger, installation cable and using modern cleaning agents. There are a large number of chemicals available today that can be used to clean sewer pipes. Some contain acids, others alkalis. However, it is necessary to take full responsibility when choosing drugs and comply with safety regulations.
Important! With a good tool, blockages in the bathroom can be removed in a few minutes and effortlessly. Chemicals are particularly effective in dealing with operational disruptions that are of organic origin.
Types of clogs
Preparations are available in several forms:
Popular pipe cleaners:
- "Mole" is an effective tool, but it cannot be used on plastic pipes.
- "Mr. Muscle" - suitable for all types of pipes. Available in gel and foam form. Cleans pipes of dirt, kills bacteria and removes odors.
- "Pothan" - dissolves various types of dirt quickly and completely. It has a pungent odor, but it breaks through the strongest blockages. This is an Israeli product that must be bottled in portions of 100 grams. This amount is enough to fix the problem immediately. The main disadvantage is the high price.
- "Tiret" - masters its task perfectly, removes blockages quickly and effectively. No ammonia smell.
type of application
To break a blockage in the bathroom, it is necessary to use these funds according to the instructions:
- Pour or pour the product down the drain.
- Go for a while.
- Rinse thoroughly with running water.
Important! Use chemicals properly, as even the safest drugs will deform the pipe material with long-term use. Always observe the safety precautions when using blocking cleaners: Wear rubber gloves, special clothing and protective goggles. A constant movement of air must be created in the bathroom in order not to inhale harmful fumes.
- When choosing a chemical product directly to clear clogs in the bathroom, you are opting for a product that can dissolve hair. When choosing a kitchen product - for products that can dissolve fat.
- For plastic pipes, use gel or granular chemicals (the latter is preferred).
- When buying household chemicals, pay attention to the purpose of the funds. There are two kinds:
- preventive - can cope with a slight constipation;
- more powerful, can also be used in standing water.
Later preparations are needed if the drain hole is completely clogged.
Folk remedies for constipation
Before that, every housewife knew how to clean the sewer with soda and vinegar. The use of folk remedies is becoming increasingly rare these days. However, using tools is very simple:
- Take an equal amount of soda and vinegar (one glass will do).
- First, pour soda into the drain hole, and then pour the vinegar.
- Close the drain plug.
- Let the ingredients react chemically for 2-3 hours.
- Rinse the drain with boiling water.
Important! Using soda is one of the safest and most effective options. Soda perfectly removes clogging and does not damage the internal surfaces of pipes. Use soda for clogging and prevention.
Other home remedy options:
- Use lemon to remove body fat. Squeeze some fresh lemons into the drain hole and let sit for an hour. Fresh lemons can be replaced with lemon juice concentrate.
- If you do not want to use modern products, then prepare a detergent from improvised products. You will need: a glass of salt, a glass of soda, ¼ glass of tartar (crystallized precipitate during winemaking). Stir the ingredients and transfer them to a clean glass. Close tightly with a lid. If necessary, use the prepared product as follows: ¼ Pour the contents of the can into the drainage hole and pour 300 ml of boiling water over it. After a minute, turn on cold water and rinse off the rest of the product. As a preventive measure, do a weekly cleaning.
Each of us has encountered a situation where water does not go down the sewer more than once. As always, the reason is banal - the bathroom is clogged. What to do? How do I clean it at home, especially if there is water? The main thing is not to panic. There are several ways you can solve the problem yourself. We'll go into that in detail today.
What happened and how do you deal with it?
The cause of clogging is the accumulation of fat on the inner walls of the sewer system, soap and powder deposits, and hair and fibers of various tissues are also added here. You ask where does all this come from? The fact is that the inner surface of the pipes is not perfectly smooth, this is especially true of old cast iron structures.
This is why the drain is clogged
Plastic is also susceptible to similar contaminants, albeit to a lesser extent. This is where plaque builds up at the joints between pipes and O-rings. Under such conditions, it is enough to appear in one place, and the remaining particles will adhere to it and reduce the internal cross section of the pipe until it is completely clogged. This is the reason that the pipes in the bathroom are clogged. What should be done in this case?
There are three ways to solve the problem:
- with overpressure;
- chemical method;
- mechanical method.
Let's dig deeper into each of the methods.
The obvious complexity of the wording is the use of a regular rubber piston. This simple tool consists of a rubber bowl and a handle on which the bowl is carried.
Piston and metal cable
We insert the plunger into the drain hole so that the handle is in the center of the latter. Then we press firmly and release it sharply several times. As a result of such cyclical effects, an overpressure is generated in the line, which can press the resulting plug and thereby cause at least a minimal amount of liquid to be expelled.
See details in the video below.
If the first method did not help, go to the second - chemically.
About the chemical method
Danger! When using various chemical cleaners, it is recommended that you work with rubber gloves and avoid contact with exposed skin. In addition, at least a gauze mask is not superfluous in order to prevent toxic vapors from entering the respiratory tract.
Before using detergents, you need to scoop water from the bathroom using improvised means - a sink, bucket, pan. Then pour the appropriate liquid into the drain hole. It can be the compositions of "Mole", "Fairy", "Tiret Turbo" or something similar.
The chemical agent "Mole" perfectly eliminates clogging in the bathroom
The amount of liquid poured into the sewer is individual and indicated on the label of each product. After that, you have to wait a while for the chemical reaction to start. When the cleaner has attacked soap and grease, the water disappears. In addition to liquid products, there are many powders with a similar effect. As "grandmother recipes", you can use citric acid or baking soda with vinegar.
We see how this is done in practice in the video below.
If the drain in the bathroom is so clogged that neither the first nor the second method will help, then we proceed to the third - mechanical cleaning method.
Mechanical cleaning - disassemble the design
Immediately warn you that this method is the dirtiest because:
- the drain must be partially dismantled.
- you have to climb into it with your hands, or rather, not entirely with your hands, but with a special cable that we hold in our hands.
Don't be too lazy to wear rubber gloves. Otherwise, the smell of sewage will wash off the skin for a long time.
However, do not rush to disassemble the system at the first available point. Firstly, it is troublesome and secondly, it is not a fact that you can reassemble it without help. Do everything competently and without hurry.
The most convenient place for dismantling is a siphon, which connects the sink to a common sewer. It enters the pipe tee and is secured with a rubber gasket or (in earlier versions) a cable.
Both options do not cause any problems, as the pipe can be carefully removed from the rubber seal, first disconnecting it from the sink and turning it slightly around its axis to the right - to the left. The heel can be gently pulled out with a small hook. Rubber, if not damaged, can be reused during installation, but the heel will need to put a new one.
After removing the siphon, we insert a metal cable into the tee hole, at the end of which there can be either a spring or a ruff.We keep inserting the cable until it is clogged. Then we move the connector as far as possible and twist the brush or spring with the handle on the other end of the cable.
It is better to do this operation together - one pierces, the second rotates, although it is quite possible. In this case, the cable must be regularly removed and cleaned of dirt.
We carry out the action until we have the feeling that the cable is going nowhere. Repeat in each direction from the tee.
In some cases, you can use a flexible cable to break the blockage straight through the bathroom drain opening.
Further details on the process can be found here.
Little remark - The so-called "dead" water level always remains in the siphon and after it has been dismantled, all this shame is rushed outwards, that is to say on the ground. Before you start disassembling the device, put down a rag, newspaper, or plastic wrap - generally anything that you don't need to throw away.
The siphon is usually designed in the form of an S-shaped pipe, one end of which is connected to the drainage hole of the bathtub or sink via a flange and a flange, and the other end, as mentioned above, into the T-piece of the Sewer pipe enters. A rubber O-ring is also located under the union nut.
There are some more complex designs, like here for example:
Sample siphon circuit
After completing the work, we assemble the system and check for leaks by briefly opening the cold or hot water tap. All of these methods can be used in various sequences and combinations.
As you can see, this procedure is not particularly pleasant. So we give you some tips on how to avoid it for a while:
- Regularly open the tap with cold or hot water, so to speak "idle", so that the clean electricity can flush the sewer with your energy.
- Pour fat solvent into the siphon once or twice a week and rinse it out as well, however
preferably hot water. This will be more useful.
- Do not use washing powder in such operations, as it does not have time
completely dissolved in water and contributes to the worsening of the situation.
That's all we wanted to tell you. We hope the material has been helpful to you and helped resolve the problem. If it is not difficult to share the article with your friends on social networks, they are sure to be helpful. The editors will be very grateful to you :)
If the water does not flow well into the drain, and there is an unpleasant smell in the room, then urgent measures must be taken to get rid of any clogging of the channel opening. Alternatively, you can use the services of a specialist or solve the problem yourself. Do you want to save money and do everything yourself? No question about it, because after reading our article you will learn how to clear blockages in the bathroom and cope with the task as soon as possible.
The main culprits of blockades
First of all, you need to find out what are the reasons for a clogged pipe in the bathroom. Most often, this problem occurs due to people's lives. The bottom line is that a person cannot keep track of what goes down the drain because it is long hair, pet hair, and rags. All this garbage is compactly packed in a sewer and forms a lump that blocks the passage of water.
And then there is a stagnation of the water, with which it is necessary to start the fight in a timely manner, without postponing this process to a later date.
It is better to prevent pipes from clogging than to look for a way out
By the way, in a multi-storey building, the clogging may be local, that is, in an apartment, or in general, when the central sewage of the building is clogged. To determine the nature of the blockage, you should turn on the water in the kitchen and bathroom: if the problem occurs only in one place, then the blockage is local and can be eliminated on your own.
Regarding the causes of clogging, one can only mention such factors: fat deposits in the pipes, deterioration of the sewer system. In a word, there are several reasons why the question of how to get rid of a blockage in the bathroom is extremely relevant.
The use of pistons - a traditional method
Punching a stopper with a plunger in a bathroom is much more difficult than in a sink because draining the water complicates the process. The problem is that when the water starts to flow over the rim, air enters the opening and a vacuum is required to work with the piston.
The piston must be selected taking into account the size of the drainage hole
How to clear a clog in the bathroom with a plunger First, the aforementioned water overflow hole is tightly closed with a stopper, and then the plunger, previously lubricated with Vaseline, is firmly pressed against the drain and 10 sharp back and forth movements are made.
This is important to know: instead of a cork, you can use a second plunger for the greatest possible tightness, but then someone else will need help.
If there is no result, you can try using water instead of air to push the blockage. To do this, pour hot water into the bathroom (approximately at the level of half the rubber bowl) and dip the plunger into the water at an angle. On the last swing, the piston should be pulled sharply out of the water. If the blockage is not removed for the first time, the process is repeated several times.
Installation cables - a more serious way to clean
Everyone understands that a plunger can only clear small clogs, so other methods of resolving this disorder must be considered.
The installation cable must be taut when cleaning the blockage.
If the blockage in the line is far away or if it is severely compressed, use a cable for cleaning. The gist of this method is that you need to hook the trash with a plumbing cord, pull it out, or push it into a wider freeway.
This procedure is as follows:
- the cable is inserted into the drainage opening.
- one person pushes the cable and the other rotates it.
- after passing the clogged area, you need to make a few sharp jerks, then open the hot water tap and gently pull out the cord to wash away the dirt that has built up in the sewer pipe.
It should be noted: the rotation of the cable contributes to the best destruction of the blockage.
An installation cable is sold in a hardware store, but it can also be made independently. To do this, take a piece of sufficiently flexible metal cable, bend it and lightly fluff the tip. Thanks to this manipulation, the cable moves well along the pipe bends and does not lie against the knee.
This is important to know: to make it easier to grasp, something stiff should be wrapped around the cord to provide some sort of grip.
It is also worth mentioning that the installation cable cannot necessarily be used for cleaning plastic and chrome pipes, otherwise the inner surface can be damaged.
Chemicals are loyal helpers
And how to get rid of blockages in the bathroom with the help of sewage cleaning agents and which drug should be preferred? As for the first point, nothing is more complicated: I bought a cleaning product from a specialized store, carefully read the instructions and did everything according to the written information.
It is important to know: the product is poured or poured into the sewer system, left there for a while, and then thoroughly washed off with running water.
In addition, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that chemicals must be used correctly, since even the safest preparations, with prolonged use, will deform the material from which the pipes are made.
Chemicals are effective, but if used too often, pipes will be destroyed
In solving the question of how to get rid of clogging in the bathroom, a modern person is faced with another problem because of the wide range of cleaning products available in the market. Therefore, to make it easier for our readers to choose, the most popular drugs should be named:
- "Mole" - an effective tool that can not be applied to plastic pipes;
- "Mr. Muscle" - a tool that is suitable for all types of pipes. It is available in the form of a gel or foam. "Mr. Muscle" cleans the pipes from dirt and penetrates into all nooks and crannies. It also kills bacteria, helping to get rid of odors.
- "Tiret" - prevents fast and efficient clogging. It doesn't smell like ammonia and does a great job according to customer reviews.
- "Pothan" - a substance that dissolves a large number of impurities quickly and without leaving any residue. It has a pungent chemical odor, but it breaks through even the strongest of blockages.
When using means for cleaning clogs, you need to follow the safety precautions, that is, when working with alkalis and acids, you should equip yourself properly.
This means wearing rubber gloves, goggles, and an oilcloth apron.
It is better to avoid a problem than solve it.
Yes, when a person regularly prevents blockages, they avoid many problems. What has to be done for this? First of all, a protective grille must be attached to the water drainage hole: it protects the pipes from dirt, animal hair and hair. Second, chemicals are considered a good preventive measure. The main thing is that they are used correctly so as not to damage the pipes. In general, proper operation and timely preventive measures will extend the life of communications, ensure their reliability, and prevent blockages from occurring.
We hope that the information contained in this publication will help you solve the problem of clearing clogs in the bathroom. Also, remember that preventive measures are the best way to clear blockages. By doing them, you can be sure that the bathroom will not cause unnecessary discomfort and that you will not have to use a plunger or plumbing cord.
- Could Allah be Satan in disguise?
- Should I choose HKU or NUS
- Where is fashion street in india
- Can Walmart cash a 7,000 check
- Are Eddie Murphy and Joe Piscopo friends
- Are old people's homes necessary in India
- How can HR run a company
- How do you deal with underpaid?
- Which popular Indian dishes are not spicy
- How can teachers inspire me?
- Does it deter people from being shy?
- How shy people make contacts
- What are the eating habits of quokkas
- What does it mean to see someone
- Is Xanax a blood thinner
- Is ma better in business
- What are the benefits of playing the piano
- Are tomboy lesbians
- What is MT 102
- What would make your life perfect
- How to say prison in Russian?
- When should a startup get an office?
- Are Indians third grade citizens of the United States
- An ENFP is hard to love