What are the characteristics of a Republican
In addition to the Democrats, there is also the Republican Party in Congress. It ranks second next to the Democratic Party with around 55 members and has so far brought 18 presidents to the White House. At the moment there are presidential elections in the USA again and it will be interesting to see whether a Democratic or a Republican president will rule America for the next four years. The game is also known as the Grand Old Party in the United States. Like the Democrats, they too have an animal mascot in the form of the elephant. The color of the Republicans is red.
In 1854, slavery was a big issue. To combat this, Abraham Lincoln and other opponents of slavery founded what is now the Republican Party. Since the Democratic Party already existed at that time, the Northern and Southern conflict meant that many from the northern states left there to join the Republicans. In 1860, Abraham Lincoln was elected the first Republican president, which meant that the Democrats were now only second on the list of parties. Finally, in 1865, the Republicans managed to create another success. With more votes in Congress, they managed to end slavery. They stayed at the top for the next fifty years until the two world wars put the Democrats first.
The goals of the game
In addition to their conservative stance, Republicans are primarily committed to a private economy with little state power, national security, border protection, the fight against illegal immigrants, and tax cuts. Social issues or environmental protection are of secondary importance. On the other hand, they completely reject marriage of same-sex couples or abortion.
The voters of the Republican Party are primarily to be found in small towns and suburbs, in the business middle class, with the common people in the country and in the upper classes, who mostly come from the Northwest, the South or the Great Plains.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a thing to be achieved." - "Fate is not a matter of chance, it is a thing that can be achieved."
William Jennings Bryan (1860-1925)
In this blog you will find articles on the "American Dream", interviews and insights into the cultural differences.
Have fun browsing!
The Green Card Lottery is a unique US government program in which 55,000 GreenCards every year to be raffled!
With The American Dream yours lie Odds of winning up to 1:25!
- You should patent your invention
- What is an Ayurvedic yoga massage
- What does Walmart check when cashing checks
- How good is the Russian Armata tank
- Why can't I find real friends
- Movement increases body size
- What are the planned cities in India
- Can meet an IAS officer
- How has your life changed unexpectedly
- Is Bhutan safe to travel
- Is Monterrey Mexico dangerous to Americans
- What's the most romantic letter ever written
- How do I control my own brain
- What are examples of leadership activities
- Vietnamese like spicy food
- How lying affects relationships
- Are East Asians Polynesian
- Parental death threats are normal
- Can you write a short friendship story
- Can Saudi Arabia defeat Iran
- Are blue eyes a disease?
- Let's head towards an inflationary recession
- What is reality in the media
- Why do people still eat white bread?