Is Oman part of the UAE 2
United Arab Emirates
Federation of Autonomous Monarchies
independent since 1971
الإمارات العربية المتحدة / Al-Imarat al-´Arab
geographyThe United Arab Emirates is a country in the east of the Arabian Peninsula on the Persian Gulf. The land has a total area of 83,600 km² and a total coastline of 1,318 km. This land mass corresponds to about 23% of the size of Germany. This makes the United Arab Emirates the 19th-smallest country in Asia and 116th worldwide. It is comparatively low at an average height of 149 meters above sea level.
Around 700 smaller and, to a large extent, artificially created islands belong to the country. There are direct national borders with the 2 neighboring states of Oman and Saudi Arabia. The distance between Berlin and the capital Abu Dhabi is approximately 4,640 km.
Gulf Standard Time (GST) applies nationwide in the United Arab Emirates. Unlike in Germany, however, there is no summer time here. So there is a time difference of 3 hours in winter. In summer, however, the time difference is 2 hours.
1 dirham is divided into 100 fils.
Status: May 18, 2021
1 euro = 4.47 dirhams
1 dirham = 0.22 euros
The climate in the Arab EmiratesThe United Arab Emirates have a subtropical climate, so it is much drier and warmer than ours. There are heavy rain showers only in a few wetter months per year. The average maximum daily temperatures are between 25 and 41 degrees, depending on the season. In some parts of the country, the values can reach up to 44 degrees during the day. In the colder months, depending on the region, the temperature drops to up to 14 ° C in the monthly average.
Average day and night temperatures
With an HDI (Human Development Index) of 0.890, the United Arab Emirates are one of the most highly developed economies according to the UN definition. However, the IMF does not share this classification. Taking into account purchasing power parity, they are among the 10 richest countries in the world. Arab Emirates are sometimes referred to as tax havens.
|10% urban areas:||8,568 km²|
|5% agriculture:||3,821 km²|
|4% forests:||3,227 km²|
|0% water surface:||12,580 km²|
|81% other areas:||67,984 km²|
|Road network:||4,080 km|
The main cities
(Based on the World Bank's "Worldwide Governance Indicators" project)
|Rule of law:|
|Freedom of speech:|
|Death penalty:||constitutionally allowed|
Existing trade agreements
- Why are cellos so unusual
- What is the name of the study of the generations
- Why are people interested in technology
- Why am I sad about school?
- College is really hard
- Are big thighs sexy for a girl?
- Receive travel agents discounts
- Why does Nancy Pelosi hate Trump
- Why did they remove gunners on bombers
- How to count calories
- What affects total demand and total supply
- Why do Arab armies fail against Israel
- Should I move to LA?
- Have you ever had sexual intercourse before getting married?
- What is the career business management
- Where can I grill in Russia
- How is salt iodized
- How do I win a PayPal dispute?
- What is the hardest job in nursing
- How do I work as a freelancer in the UK?
- Are economists smart as to why?
- What about people from France who hate Indians
- What is different between real and whole
- Should I try sushi