When is the economy full?
Economy - stupid?
It has long been known that the economic department has very poor usage rates in daily newspapers. In this department, the problems with young people in the regional daily newspapers are particularly evident. But those who do not know the "rules of the game" of economics find it difficult to assert themselves in our society. Young people in particular are dependent on business information, for example when choosing a career. The book presents strategies with which type of journalism young people can be interested in the business department. The basis is an empirical study of how students deal with business information. Result: Articles with high utility value and with a local reference are best received by the target group, entertainment or youth orientation alone is not enough. Business journalists can learn from this: The pupils are primarily interested in concrete, usable information. Anyone who relates to the current living situation of the young people can also successfully convey abstract economic topics.
Education Career choice Demography Family Free time Discussion Equal rights Image Journalism Young people Living situation Media Advertising Economy Newspaper
About the authors
Katrin Schnettler is doing her doctorate in the journalism department of the University of Dortmund on the subject of student claims on the subject of economic reporting "and is the editor in charge of the staff magazine of a large furniture store.
- Book TitleWirtschaft - Totally stupid?
- Book SubtitleWhat young people expect from economic articles in the daily newspaper. An empirical study
- Authors Katrin Schnettler
- Series TitleJournalism
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-322-89789-3
- Copyright InformationVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, Wiesbaden2000
- Publisher NameVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften
- eBook PackagesSpringer Book Archive
- Softcover ISBN978-3-531-13531-1
- eBook ISBN978-3-322-89789-3
- Edition Number1
- Number of Pages, 160
- Number of Illustrations7 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Which country has the most neighbors?
- What Companies Are Hiring Fresh Indian Graduates Abroad
- Snakes eat penguins
- What is personal improvement through motivation
- Is the prison dangerous?
- Why don't we eat snakes
- What is translation and localization
- How was your experience with braces
- Should i live alone
- Are natural born philosophers
- Is Russian food cheaper than American
- What has the Modi government done for Maharashtra
- What is your dream for your nation
- How has contour plowing helped in agriculture
- What Makes a CPA Company Successful
- Most INTJs are attractive
- How do children in Australia carry lunch
- What is China's government and economic system
- Is it a viable career to be a magician?
- How does the London Underground work
- What is the meaning of loins that have been reckoned with the truth?
- Is CAB against Muslims
- Why are dogs obsessed with food
- Can sociopaths cry in sad films