Was Jesus a Buddha
Buddha and Jesus - Similarities and Differences
The belief from Buddha or Buddhism is also becoming increasingly popular in the West. Many people seem to find an answer to their questions here rather than in Christianity and the teaching of Jesus. Despite the many differences, Jesus and Buddha also have something in common.
Similarities in the life of Buddha and Jesus
Even if they lived at different times, the lives of Buddha and Jesus were similar in some ways, according to "Geo". Both of them traveled through the country as traveling preachers and gathered a number of disciples and followers around them. Like Buddha, Jesus practiced asceticism and meditation from time to time. According to the Bible, he retired to the desert as a hermit for a while. But there is a big difference in the origins of the two religious leaders: while Buddha was a prince and grew up in a palace, Jesus came from a simple carpentry family.
Similarities in the teaching of Buddha and Jesus
The latter difference is also reflected in the fact that Buddha mainly spread his teaching among wealthy followers and found noble supporters, while Jesus set out to help the poor, helpless and socially ostracized. According to the magazine “Wegbegleiter”, the commandments and recommendations that they both set up have a lot in common, including, for example, charity, renunciation or non-violence. Both also provide a relatively exact path on which “salvation” is to be achieved.
Differences in the teaching of Buddha and Jesus
Here, however, there are also differences in Buddhist and Christian teaching. While, according to Jesus, redemption from suffering and sin can only be granted through God, Buddha rejects the existence of an immortal, almighty God. His path to salvation consists in recognizing the nothingness of earthly existence and in this way breaking out of the cycle of rebirths and entering "nirvana". Believing Christians, on the other hand, are promised paradise and eternal life after death.
- What is your favorite Asian food and why
- The emergency room burns out its staff
- Which popular websites are using AngularJS
- Which is the best Taimaobi in Singapore
- What do you hate about anime
- Can two narcissists stay together?
- What more do you wish for
- Which countries should Australians avoid, why to visit
- Why some girls are shy
- I am shy. Can I be attractive
- What's your favorite Indonesian chili sauce
- How are large sums of money transferred?
- What's your second most popular pizza
- Old grannies like to sew
- How dangerous is your job
- Why not automakers design vintage models
- Is CPA preferable to CA.
- What is the new name of Constantinople?
- Licking horses
- Has China restored private property
- Which language has the strangest letters
- How do you assign employees at work
- What are some dark secrets in Hollywood
- What are the most popular virtual wallets
- Why do people not leave toxic relationships
- Which companies use crowdfunding
- Where do aliens live
- How is the crime in Bali
- Is knn unsupervised learning
- How are savings equal investments?
- How can I learn color theory
- Is the Chinese language more flexible and creative