Why do you hate BJP and modes
Philanthropy cannot buy justice
The failure of the Indian government in the current crisis is real. Just as other rulers have praised a successful fight against Covid-19 in the competition of nations, Narendra Modi also praised India's glorious success against Covid-19 at the World Economic Forum in January 2021. It is just as real that India has banned the export of vaccines to protect one's own population first. This is not surprising in the context of current nationalism.
The export ban is also a symptom of the system: Due to a non-transparent licensing by Astra Zeneca, the largest Indian manufacturer was obliged to deliver some of the cans to England instead of these being available for India and other lower-income countries. And finally, it is also a reality that Indian pharmaceutical CEOs are also pharmaceutical CEOs - with the result that vaccines in India are now sold at different prices to the governments of the states and to private hospitals, where those who can stock up can to be able to afford it. Here too, of course, with the blessing of the government, which allows this new pricing policy.
But when rich countries condemn the failure of the Indian government and the Indian export ban from their comfortably warm rooms, it is nothing but hypocritical. Likewise, it is the assurances of the Cassis of the world that now want to send help to India.
Again, philanthropy cannot do justice.
Instead of just sending aid to India now, the system needs to be fundamentally changed. If Switzerland were seriously committed, it would have had to advocate the temporary suspension of intellectual property privileges and access to knowledge from the very beginning. Not least because the development of Covid-19 vaccinations was made possible by massive public subsidies.
But even in a pandemic, Switzerland prefers to protect the profits of pharmaceutical companies. Sending humanitarian aid for 1 million is a cheap attempt to buy oneself out of the disaster that Switzerland contributed to through its political blockade.
- Doctors are good teachers
- What is 3D Computer Vision
- How long is a generation
- Can I invest in foreign start-ups?
- When is taxable income recorded?
- How are facilities at airports used
- Is PS4 better than Xbox One X.
- How Much Can Freelance Makeup Artists Make
- What are Entrepot Items in India
- Why are cellos so unusual
- Koreans meet Mexicans
- Hire new software engineers from Uber
- Can I sue for disability discrimination?
- Are Brazilians lazy
- What religion allows sex with a sister
- Are you dead inside
- Why are Egyptians known for this walk
- Can someone survive only with cheese?
- Vietnamese Americans hate North Vietnamese
- What are the plumbers
- Why does dating suck nowadays
- What fruits are grown in Australia
- Who won the 2014 World Cup?
- Most men don't like attached girls