List of companies in the USA
Photo galleryThe 10 Largest Companies in the United States
The United States is considered the country of origin of large international corporations. Companies like Ford, which can look back on more than a hundred years, have supported the US economy for decades, providing taxes, goods and well-paying jobs. The old industries still exist today, but the comparatively young Silicon Valley corporations have made the leap to the top to General Motors, Exxon and Co. and in some cases even overtook them. Here are the top 10 US companies by revenue.
# 10 General Motors: Just ahead of Ford, the automotive company made it into the top 10. The Detroit-based company embodies the American automotive industry like no other with brands such as Chevrolet, Hummer and Cadillac. Sales are $ 157 billion. In the domestic market, the group has a market share of around 18 percent. The numbers in the ranking refer to the Forbes list of the largest American companies.
# 9 AT&T: The telecommunications company has sales of 160 billion US dollars. The former largest telephone company, which for many years operated and managed at will on the American market like a monopoly, is still one of the largest players in the telecommunications industry worldwide. The company abbreviation stands for "American Telephone and Telegraph Company". The corporate headquarters are in Dallas, Texas.
# 8 Amazon: Compared to the previous year, Amazon was able to increase its sales by 30 percent. No other company has such high growth rates. The Seattle-based company turned over around 178 billion US dollars in 2017. However, the $ 3 billion profit has room for improvement in terms of sales. The profit rate is just 1.7 percent.
# 7 CVS Health: The pharmaceutical retailer celebrates its 55th anniversary this year. By the end of 2014, cigarettes were even sold in the almost 8,000 branches. That would not be compatible with the principles of CVS, so the CEO Larry Merlo. Despite the resulting drop in sales, CVS is one of the largest companies in the United States. Last year sales were $ 185 billion.
# 6 McKesson: McKesson, headquartered in San Francisco, is the largest healthcare company in terms of sales. The group had sales of around 199 billion dollars in 2017. The market value is the lowest in the ranking at $ 29 billion. For comparison: Amazon is on the stock exchange with $ 700 billion.
- How can I learn Chinese italic every day
- How accurate are your local weather forecasts
- Will the law of attraction really work?
- What is seventh heaven
- How do I deal with my salary
- How do people react to being alone
- What is a non-technical BPO
- Is pork banned in Ethiopia
- Why do I like crossdressing
- Are you a cop who is with another cop
- A lawyer can be successful and rich
- What important goal have you almost achieved
- Should I go on or give up
- Genetically speaking, are Lebanese Christian Maronite Arabs
- Why am I so aggressive
- How can I perfect my shitty life
- Is your life a struggle
- What kind of clothing should welders wear?
- Why is the name Sean Shawn pronounced
- Offers Walmart paid vacation
- Which countries have only one neighbor?
- Why do people say never to rent
- How clean is China
- How many people prefer to be alone