What is wise
wise adj. 'knowing, experienced, clever', ahd.wīs and the further education (ja-tribe) wīsi (8th century), mhd.wīs, wīse 'understanding, experienced, clever, knowledgeable, learned', asächs.mnd .aengl.wīs, mnl.nl.wijs, engl.wise, anord.vīss, schwed.vis, got.-weis (e.g. unwise 'ignorant'), germ. * weis (s) a- belong to the under ↗knowledge (sd) represented root ie. * u̯eid-. Either from a participle form ie. * U̯eidto- or from ie. * U̯eidso-, which is an adjectival development of an old s-stem * u̯eides- (e.g. in aind.vasdas- 'knowledge, insight') can explain. The initial meaning of the adjective is 'knowing', initially 'knowledgeable, experienced' with regard to a thing, then also 'clever, intelligent, intellectually gifted', today 'through experience and effort, understanding, insightful, understanding the context, moderate', primarily valid as a characteristic of an old person (cf. mhd.die wīsen, die tageten and die grīsen). Wisdom f. Wissen (gained in the course of a lifetime) knowledge, experience, insight ’, actually‘ state of being wise ’, ahd. (9th century), mhd.wīsheit. Wisdom tooth with posterior molar, mostly in the plur. Wisdom teeth, translation (17th century, previously tenth of reason and wisdom, 16th century) from medical lat.dentes intellectus or dentes sapientiae, according to Greek sōphronistḗres (σωφρονιστῆρες ), from Greek sṓphrōn (σώφρων) 'prudent, wise, clever'. Teeth do not develop until adulthood, when the person is wise. to believe vb ‘So. say sth. untrue (as truth), cite sb., make a fool of him '(16th century), make mhd.wīs' make knowing, instruct, proclaim, teach' (in this sense still in the 18th century) . wise adj. ‘wise, wise, knowing’, ahd.wīslīh (8th century), mhd.wīslich; still common in wise adv. ‘for a good reason, consciously, with calculating intention’ (18th century).
- What is the best unique food combination
- Which Indian perfume is best
- Why do CFAs make so much money
- How do I buy stocks in Australia
- Is Noida safe to live
- Which country rides the most
- Is Michael Bloomberg late
- Ain't mankind good
- How do companies go completely paperless
- Makes you fart broccoli
- Is Russia a rich country
- What problems does Colombia face?
- What is the most insulating fabric on the market
- Why do people hate hoarders
- Why did Islam spread so quickly
- Avoid introverted eye contact
- What do guys think of periods
- What is a general contractor
- Why are your 20s heavy
- Which sectors are not affected by inflation?
- Is socialism radical
- The small countries are the richest
- How can I get less miserable?
- What kind of people work at TMZ