What is the ideal immigration policy
Trump only wants "totally brilliant" immigrants
The world will envy the US for its immigration model, enthused US President Donald Trump in the rose garden of the White House. The plan aims to stop illegal immigration and create a performance-based immigration system. Young, well-educated applicants with English skills and job offers in the USA should be given preference. The concept also provides that foreigners wishing to immigrate must first complete a naturalization test before they can enter the country.
Green Card only for highly qualified people?
The biggest change is the increase in the proportion of highly qualified people who would be admitted to the US, from the current twelve to 57 percent, Trump said in Washington. Perhaps this proportion will even increase. His concept puts the jobs, wages and safety of American workers first.
The Republican President criticized again that under the current system people could come to the US "just because they have family members here". So far, two thirds of the 1.1 million annual immigration permits are due to family reasons. The current laws would also prevent "totally brilliant" people from immigrating, Trump said. The roughly 11 million illegal immigrants living in the United States are not mentioned in Trump's proposals.
Again and again, thousands of people in the USA - here in Chicago - protest against Trump's rigorous immigration policy
Jared Kusher and a hardliner are the planners
The architects of the initiative are Trump's son-in-law Jared Kusher and consultant Stephen Miller, who is considered an outspoken hardliner on immigration issues. And that's exactly where the opposition Democrats come up against. They made it clear that they would not support this concept either. The Democratic parliamentary group leader in the Senate, Chuck Schumer, complained that the project contained the same radical policies that Trump's administration had already pursued for the past two years. The president depends on the support of the Democrats because the party has a majority in the House of Representatives, the second chamber of Congress.
The fight against illegal immigration is a major concern of Trump. He has declared a "national emergency" and is fighting with Congress over more funds to build a wall on the border with Mexico. To support the officials on the southern border of the United States, the President ordered soldiers there.
se / ml (rtr, ap, afp, dpa)
- Why am I so horny at 50
- Arab girls like Asian men
- Can dogs eat salted peanuts?
- Reading helps build your personality
- Why does the analog camera film expire
- Why is my heart always beating
- Could Obama be Prime Minister of Great Britain?
- What skin color are Italians?
- Why do people cheat often
- How does the grounding work
- Why don't I like going to school?
- How can HR run a company
- What is a gap year student
- What shocked you most about Quora
- Tip people in New Zealand
- How do I deal with paternalism from people
- Why is religion viewed as bad
- How to classify unsupervised learning
- Irish people are rich
- What does a registered investment advisor do
- What are some body language hacks
- How dangerous is surfing in New Zealand
- What was John Adams' foreign policy
- Should I buy a Lexus with high mileage?
- What percentage of Wikipedia changes will be reset
- Is it Safe to Eat Sausage Sleeves?
- What can I start with 10,000
- For most people, success comes often
- Why is traditional marriage support considered poor
- Where can you watch football online?
- What is your family history
- In which country is counted most frequently
- Smartphones make teenagers children lazy
- How much radiation comes from our cell phones