Why do we need tradition and culture
Traditions in Europe: do we still need the old customs?
Foie Gras - traditional delicacy or cruelty to animals?
The French love their foie gras - an expensive delicacy. However, it is not the gourmets who pay the highest price, but the ducks. They are stuffed alive with grain for weeks before their liver ends up on the plate as a gourmet snack - swollen tenfold. It is no secret that the stuffing is done against the will of the animals and that they often die in the process.
Animal rights activists have been rioting against it for years, and the practice has already been banned in many countries. Many French people still do not want to give up the foie gras - their enjoyment is too much part of the Christmas tradition. Here, too, the question arises: does tradition also justify cruelty to animals?
Yourope was in Paris and visited foodies, animal rights activists and duck breeders.
Spain - the burning bull
A bull with flaming horns suddenly appears in the dark alleys of a small Spanish town. What sounds like horror tales is a sad reality. In the Medinaceli, a bull is traditionally groomed, lit and then chased through an arena every year. The bull survives this ritual, but remains burned and disturbed. Nobody knows exactly where the tradition comes from. But that doesn't bother anyone either, the residents love the spectacle.
Animal rights activists from the region have been rioting for years - with daring demonstrations they are trying to prevent the cruel hunt.
What happens if you question such a "tradition"? Yourope traveled to Spain and stood in the ring.
The report from Spain:
- What's your best worst cooking fiasco
- What does Cersei think of Stannis
- What would you do with 5,000
- What did the vikings eat 1
- What are examples of electronic equipment
- What is WPI and CPI
- Why do shins squeeze so easily
- What's the best book on group theory
- How do you motivate yourself to improve
- How beautiful are the Chinese
- Why do Albanian Muslims eat pork
- Medical students enjoy their lives
- Which countries do you pay for a medical degree
- Greta Thurnberg goes to school
- Has anyone lived 200 years
- What's your favorite cheap breakfast
- The water on earth conducts electricity
- What animals do not breathe from their noses?
- What is unique about mainland Chinese women
- In Frozen Why Elsa acts 16
- Taiwan is part of the Philippines
- Do you have cars in Romania
- How technologically advanced is Germany today
- The address of the registered office can be changed