Why is my heart always beating
Arrhythmias - When you can feel the heartbeat
Detect cardiac arrhythmias early on
If the unfamiliar knocking occurs frequently and warning signs such as dizziness, shortness of breath, drowsiness, weakness, malaise or chest pain occur, a doctor should definitely be consulted, as arrhythmias can also be life-threatening. The causes of cardiac arrhythmias are manifold. For example, a previous heart attack, heart failure (insufficiency), inflammation of the heart muscle (myocarditis), heart valve defects or side effects of medication can be the cause of cardiac arrhythmias. From a cardiological point of view, we recommend having an echocardiography (ultrasound examination of the heart) performed as a basic examination for cardiac arrhythmias in addition to an EKG. In addition, there are blood tests and possibly a 24-hour ECG or a stress ECG if the rhythm disturbances only occur in certain situations. If that is still not enough, there is the option of the "event recorder", which is switched on by the patient as required and an ECG is created at that moment. Further diagnostic options are CT or MRI of the heart, as well as myocardial scintigraphy and stress echocardiography.
Therapy of cardiac arrhythmias
If drug therapy for the cardiac arrhythmias is necessary, this should only be carried out under strict medical supervision. In order for this to work optimally, a few things should also be taken into account in everyday life. A regular health check is recommended. Here, the performance of the heart is checked and the resilience during sporting activities is tested, since sufficient physical activity is usually an advantage in the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias. In addition, smoking should be stopped and the consumption of alcoholic and caffeinated beverages should be reduced. Relaxation exercises in times of high stress and a changed attitude towards life also help to keep blood pressure at a normal level and to prevent dangerous narrowing of the blood vessels. In our consultation hours we also provide information about the risks of over-the-counter drugs and dietary supplements, the ingredients of which can trigger heart palpitations. If the cause of the palpitations is atrial fibrillation, detailed advice should also be given about taking blood-thinning medication. Because atrial fibrillation favors the development of dangerous blood clots, which can lead to a stroke, under certain circumstances.
The focus of treatment should always be on the therapy of the underlying disease that triggers the cardiac arrhythmia. If z. B. Thyroid diseases such as Graves' disease or Hashimoto's thyroiditis are the triggering cause, these diseases should primarily be treated in order to get the cardiac arrhythmia under control.
- How is the attitude of your life
- How do I survive alone without friends
- What is the highest possible GPA
- What are the coolest swords
- Would you date a radical feminist?
- How do crowdfunding sites make money
- What causes weakness in the knees
- Which proves that Lyanna Stark loved Rhaegar
- Which location in TCS has TTH projects
- What is the best free firewall
- What are traditional British dishes
- What is the meaning of gender
- Can you smoke in Dubai
- How do freelancers pay taxes
- Which apps do you pay for shopping
- What is the psychology of sexism
- Can I start modeling when I am 30
- Prosecutors can interview other lawyers
- What is the cheapest city in Ukraine
- What are some Burning Man horror stories
- How would life be without a phone
- What are the roles of auditors
- What physically draws men to women
- How does optimism affect behavior?