Which company made the first cell phone
Nokia's story : Wellington boots and Gorbi's first cell phone
Nobody knows whether Nokia cell phones will still be around in a hundred years. In any case, it is clear that the products of the Finnish company are very durable. Like the rubber boots that Finnish Rubber Works, as one of the three founding companies, produced around a century ago. Nokia Wellington boots are still around, even though the company hasn't made them for a long time.
In 1865, Fredrik Idestam founded a paper mill in southwest Finland. A few years later, a second was added on the Nokianvirta River - the Nokia company was born. In the 1960s Rubber Works and Nokia initially worked closely with Finnish Cable Works and merged in 1967. In addition to forestry and rubber production, the business areas include cable production, power and electronics production.
The rise to the world's largest cell phone manufacturer begins in the 80s. Nokia produces car telephones, and from 1987 also portable mobile telephones. The Mobira Cityman weighs a light kilogram and is not exactly a bargain at 4500 euros. The then Soviet state and party leader Machail Gorbachev is photographed while talking on the phone with the good piece. That's why the Cityman was called “Gorba”, as the company's history says today. A good ten years later, Nokia has reached its zenith.
From 1998 the Finns have been the world market leader in cell phones, leaving competitors such as Ericsson, Motorola and Alcatel behind. With the iPhone, which Apple brought onto the market in 2007, Nokia's star began to decline: The company missed the smartphone trend. In 2006 Nokia entered software development with the acquisition of the Berlin company Gate 5, followed by Navteq's navigation map business a year later. Also in 2007, Nokia merged its network division with that of its competitor Siemens. For around a month now, the Finns have been doing business on their own again in the highly competitive market. The acquisition of the Siemens shares cost her 1.7 billion euros. Simon Frost
- Why is GDP important for entrepreneurs
- Is the use of nicknames in public embarrassing
- What are the options in hotel management
- What do kaengurus eat
- East Asian men like black women
- How does money buy you happiness
- When were the synoptic gospels written?
- Why can't life be easier
- Why did IBM lay off so many employees
- You can hug pandas at the Singapore Zoo
- How did Islam and Christianity part?
- Why don't I argue with people
- How many billboards are there in Los Angeles
- Which film inspires you in your life
- What do Buddhists think of Jesus Christ?
- Which software is best for MEP engineers
- What is appraisal and valuation
- What would really annoy an ESTJ
- How many millionaires were homeless
- How are the working conditions at Conduent
- Does IBA have a good CS program
- What is the best italian dinner
- What do you think of gay men
- Should I learn coding as a hobby?