Who are the most influential economists right now?
The complete ranking of the “Economists Influence Ranking” 2020
A total of 40 economists are represented in the ranking. Six women economists are now among the most influential specialists in Switzerland.
The most important changes at a glance
■ To the highest newcomers belongs to Didier Sornette from ETH Zurich. Although the risk researcher is strong in research, he has seldom made any public statements so far. At the beginning of the year, however, he provided information on the risks of the corona pandemic, which raised him to the ranking. The second noticeable new addition is Isabel Martinez. The young economist from ETH Zurich has made a name for herself with research on inequality and taxation. As a result, it is increasingly being heard in the media and among politicians.
■ To the Relegation include Ralf Seiz from the University of St. Gallen (15th in the previous year) and the Austrian economist Friedrich Schneider (16th in the previous year). Both of them hardly appeared in the Swiss media this year or were rarely mentioned by politicians. They therefore fell out of the top 40.
■ As most influential economist Monika Bütler from the University of St. Gallen placed again. The economic politician has been widely heard in the media and politics for years, currently she works in the economic expert group of the Swiss Covid-19 Task Force. The young development economist and finance scientist Dina Pomeranz from the University of Zurich came in 13th. This year, four more women economists have made it into the ranking. In addition to Isabel Martinez, these are the well-known macroeconomist Beatrice Weder di Mauro, the environmental economist Irmi Seidl and the Zurich business economist Margit Osterloh.
The table is interactive and can be sorted according to the various categories.
Monika Bütler and Dina Pomeranz as the best-placed economists
- What did Jesus do on Sunday?
- When will England become a Muslim majority?
- Which cultures have the best vegetarian cuisine
- What is Svpplys' business model
- How has Mumbai City changed your life
- Is child care expensive
- Who invented the washing machine?
- Which country eats the most fish?
- Are Spaniards Arabs genetically
- At what age did you stop partying?
- Is it really that great to be a teenager?
- Who are professional painters in Bangalore
- How can I avoid spitting while speaking?
- What is Illuminati for you
- How is Islam like Christianity
- How saturated is Canada with PR
- Which is better Netflix or going out
- How are Swedish girls
- How do you learn mandolin
- Is it human nature to lie?
- A yeast infection can affect the kidneys
- Why am i heartless
- Guys make appointments based on their preferences
- How did you learn to DJ