Which animal has no visible ears?
7 exciting facts about the sense of hearing in the animal kingdom
Exciting information about ears and the sense of hearing in the animal kingdom! As for the ears and the sense of hearing, the animal kingdom has a lot of extraordinary things to offer. Animals often have incredibly fine hearing. And yet set not all their ears just for listening a. There are even animals that have no ears and can still hear.
7. African elephant
Category: air conditioning
The African elephant has the largest ears. But why actually? Maybe so that the trunk doesn't look so big? Small joke! So no doubt he has to hear it, right? Nothing. The ears are like huge fans. When the sun burns down on its skull and the air shimmers with heat, the elephant pumps blood to its ears. He fanned diligently and the cooled blood flows back into the body. It's like holding your wrists under cold water. Forest elephants and Asian elephants have much smaller ears because they mainly live under a canopy of tropical leaves.
African Elephant - Photo: JONATHAN PLEDGER / Shutterstock
Category: Mega eavesdroppers and air conditioning
The fennec is a desert fox. While he is only 40 cm tall himself, his ears are 15 cm long! It doesn't miss a single smell that quickly, not even a beetle crawling around on the sand. In addition, the fennec uses his ears like the elephant - to cool down.
Fennek - Photo: Cat Downie / Shutterstock
Category: Super eavesdroppers
The brown long-eared ear has the largest ears in relation to its body size. The bat hears sounds that we humans do not perceive. The animal is only 5 cm long, but has 4 cm long ears. It is as if a person had ears that are about four feet long. The bat could hardly care less about the threat of "I'll pull your ears out".
Category: 3D eavesdroppers
Owls have extraordinary "hearing aids". It can hardly be seen, but with the barn owl, one ear is slightly higher than the other. On purpose! The nocturnal owls that fly around so noiselessly can "hear in 3D" in this way. One ear listens downwards, the other upwards.
Barn Owl - Photo: Mark Medcalf / Shutterstock
- What happens if human sperm is swallowed
- Which countries have aging populations
- What are the solutions to water pollution
- What is meant by VAT
- How many people like to eat snakes
- DVDs will still be available in 2037
- How many parents regret having children
- Can you get rid of dyslexia
- Should be 19 years old
- What is a criminally underrated snack
- What's your top 50 book list
- How alcoholics usually die
- Why is it bad to be young
- Why some are born great
- Where would you stay in New Zealand
- Was the two-handed sword fight effective
- Is Germany a genderless country like Japan?
- Why did England lose the ashes in 2019
- What is an extreme sport
- Which is the best bluetooth speaker among Rs1500
- Why is life difficult for lazy people
- What is the Visa Procedure for Ireland
- How do secret services hire secret agents?
- How do companies go completely paperless