The night shift on the iPhone gets annoying
Counterproductive? “Night Shift” keeps us awake longer
Researchers at the University of Manchester have taken a closer look at the blue light reduction of current smartphone models and, after a series of animal experiments on mice, come up with a surprising finding.
The blue light filters, which are automatically activated by many smartphones in the evening hours and are supposed to help users fall asleep - Apple's solution is called "Night Shift" - apparently have the opposite effect.
According to the scientists, users would be better advised to use warm, yellowish shades during the day and to allow cooler, bluish colors in the evening - that is, to expose themselves to a similar color spectrum as during the day (yellowish, warm) and also at dusk (bluish, cool) given by nature.
The most important finding is: the bottom line is that the intensity of the brightness has a much more dramatic effect on sleep behavior than the color. So set the display as dark as possible in the evening and it is best not to take the iPhone with you to bed.
The researcher responsible for the study, Dr. Tim Brown notes:
We show that the widely processed view that blue light affects our bio-clocks the most is misguided; in fact, the blue colors associated with twilight have a weaker effect than white or yellow light of the same brightness.
- What kind of weapons do gangs use
- Comdey free is open microphone in Delhi
- Do you like polish people
- What does it mean to be stubborn
- Which shopping app are you using
- Are Turks Asians
- Can dating a separated man work?
- Are Harvard or MIT students more bubbly
- What Can Cause High Prolactin Levels
- Are employers obliged to give increases
- What are the worst named TV shows
- Americans, what will make America great again
- What is ethnic food
- Maebashi is an interesting city to visit
- What is China's government and economic system
- What is a partnership company 2
- How to Use Dating Sites
- Can an employer refuse me the job
- Do you remember the Kingston Trio
- Have you ever misjudged anyone?
- Why isn't democracy better than meritocracy?
- What do husbands want most?
- Parents should treat children same-sexually
- What are the wedding anniversary symbols