Jim Jones was a psychopath
by Steve Smith
Synopsis: When Steve Smith set out to hitchhike from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario to Canada's west coast back in 1968, he was just an eighteen-year-old hippie with an appetite for adventure. But a short way into his journey, a reckless decision to steal a car landed him in police custody. Afraid of getting caught with the two tabs of acid in his pocket, Steve popped them into his mouth. It was one of the worst decisions of his life. Mistaking his drug trip for a mental breakdown, the authorities placed him in Ontario’s notorious Oak Ridge mental health facility. While there, not only did he find himself shoulder-to-shoulder with people like notorious child killer Peter Woodcock and mass murderers Matt Lamb and Victor Hoffman, he also fell into the hands of someone worse: Dr. Elliot T. Barker, Over the next eight months, Barker subjected Steve and the other patients to a battery of unorthodox experiments involving LSD, scopolamine, methamphetamines, and other drugs. Steven also experienced numerous other forms of abuse and torture. Following his release, Steve continued to suffer the aftereffects of his Oak Ridge experience. For several years, he found himself in and out of prison — and back to Oak Ridge — before he was finally able to establish himself as a successful entrepreneur. Once he began investigating what happened to him during his youth, not even Steve was prepared for what he would discover about Barker, Oak Ridge, and one of the darkest periods in Canada’s treatment of mental health patients. The question remains: What Oak Ridge and Dr. Barker trying to cure psychopaths or trying to create and direct them?
- Which country imports gold the most?
- Compatibility is an absolute must for marriage
- Can we learn from books
- What do the Iranians think of the Kurds
- Why should the US control immigration?
- How Spaniards cook their pasta
- Why is bullying happening in school?
- Should inherited wealth be illegal
- What is most eaten in China?
- Narayana IIT is a boys school
- The coup was staged in Turkey
- Can you explain the development of society
- Maduro Venezuela was actually elected
- Do you like teamblind com
- How do I start a conversation
- Does sciatica ever go away
- What are language, religion, race and ethnicity
- What are the best video game memes
- What are the archetypes of masculinity
- People worship the devil
- How can Google keep hiring new graduates
- Why is Europe so irrelevant today?
- How conservative are mainland Chinese
- Which country has the happiest inhabitants?