What is the Filipino Ethnicity
The Peace Process in the Philippines and the Instrumentalization of Ethnic and Social Borders
People, Power and Walls pp 351-374 | Cite as
- Tim Bredtmann
The Philippines is a multicultural and multiethnic state in Southeast Asia. The more than 7,000 islands and over 100 languages and dialects symbolize the diversity of this country. As a Christian country, it borders Indonesia and Malaysia to the west.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Angeles, Vivienne S. M .: Moros in the media and beyond: Representations of Philippine Muslims, in: Contemporary Islam, 2010, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 29-53. Google Scholar
- Arguillas, Mary Ann O .: The Non-Traditional Moro Elites and the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC), in: Philippine Political Science Journal, 2001, Vol. 22, No. 45, pp. 97-134. Google Scholar
- Barth, Fredrik: Introduction, in: Barth, Fredrik (ed.): Ethnic Groups and Boundaries: The Social Organization of Culture Difference, Illinois 1998, pp. 9-39. Google Scholar
- Cabrera, Ferdinandh B .: Misuari faction in Maguindanao: Dream Bangsamoro Republic lives on, March 31, 2014, URL: http://www.mindanews.com/top-stories/2014/03/31/misuari-faction-in- maguindanao-dream-bangsamoro-republik-lives-on /, last accessed: December 19, 2015.
- Casauay, Angela: Marwan not ‘world-class terrorist’, says report, March 6, 2015, URL: http://www.rappler.com/nation/85977-marwan-terrorism-analysis, last accessed: December 19, 2015.
- Cayetano, Peter Alan: Blog: Cayetano: MILF wants dictatorship over BBL-covered areas, January 2015, URL: http://alanpetercayetano.com/blog/2015/01/cayetano-milf-wants-dictatorship-over-bblcovered-areas , last accessed: December 19, 2015.
- Gabieta, Joey A .: Alan Cayetano says 2016 plans depend on survey results, April 18, 2015, URL: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/686407/alan-cayetano-says-2016-plans-depend-on-survey -results, last accessed: December 19, 2015.
- Ganter, Stephan: Ethnicity and Ethnic Conflicts: Concepts and Theoretical Approaches for a Comparative Analysis, Freiburg 1995.Google Scholar
- Gloria, Glenda / Vitug, Marites: Under the crescent Moon, Quezon City 2000. Google Scholar
- Holmes, Ronald D .: Pulse Asia Research's November 2014 Nationwide Survey on the May 2016 Elections, December 9, 2014, URL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3b9qPFV1cRDNHdaUmw0OURRU2c/view?pli=1, last accessed : December 19, 2015.
- Human Development Network: 2012/2013 Philippine Development Report, Quezon City 2013.Google Scholar
- Human Rights Watch: “They Own the People”: The Ampatuans, State-Backed Militias, and Killings in the Southern Philippines, New York 2010.Google Scholar
- Inquirer.net: The 12 hour ‘Misencounter’, URL: http://www.inquirer.net/mamasapano/timeline, last accessed: December 19, 2015.
- Kreuzer, Peter: The Muslim Rebellion in the South of the Philippines, PRIF Report No. 7, Frankfurt / M. 2003. Google Scholar
- Kreuzer, Peter: Democracy, Diversity and Conflict: Managing Ethnic Divisons in the Philippines and Malaysia, Cornell University Peace Studies Program Occasional Paper No. 30-4, Ithaca 2006. Google Scholar
- Kreuzer, Peter / Weiberg, Mirjam: Between Civil War and Peaceful Coexistence: Interethnic Conflict Management in the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Malaysia, Bielefeld 2007.Google Scholar
- Kroneberg, Clemens: Motives and consequences of drawing social boundaries, in: From Politics and Contemporary History, 2014, vol. 64, No. 4-5, pp. 9-14.Google Scholar
- Lara, Francisco Jr .: Historical overview, in: Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. (Ed.): Philippines: Endless violence? Views on the armed conflict in Mindanao, Idstein 2010, pp. 8-17.Google Scholar
- Legaspi, Amita: Alan Peter Cayetano blames MILF for killing BBL, January 27, 2015, URL: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/417704/news/nation/alan-peter-cayetano-blames-milf- for-killing-bbl, last accessed: December 19, 2015
- Loew, Frédéric: The Mamasapano Incident: Challenges for the Philippine Peace Process, in: Southeast Asia, 2015, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 58-60.Google Scholar
- Macaraig, Ayee: Cayetano, Deles clash on MILF 'terror links', February 10, 2015, URL: http://www.rappler.com/nation/83523-cayetano-deles-clash-milf-terror-links, last access : December 19, 2015.
- Macaraig, Ayee: Cayetano: Disarm MILF before passing Bangsamoro bill, March 11, 2015, URL: http://www.rappler.com/nation/86528-cayetano-disarmament-milf, last accessed: December 19, 2015.
- Pareño, Roel: Nur declares independence of 'Bangsamoro Republic', August 15, 2013, URL: http://www.philstar.com/nation/2013/08/15/1094161/nur-declares-independence-bangsamoro- Republik, last access: June 8, 2015.
- Pulse Asia Research Inc .: 2016 Electoral Preferences, March 2015, URL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3b9qPFV1cRDZUZ5bEZadnlRN0E/view?pli=1, last accessed: December 19, 2015.
- Rappler.com: Cayetano: Disarm MILF before passing Bangsamoro bill, March 11, 2015, URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61DP_y4dq8I (Min, 56-57), last accessed on June 8, 2015.
- Rappler.com: Highlights: Senator Alan Peter Cayetano's privilege speech, March 11, 2015, URL: http://www.rappler.com/video/specials/86487-senator-alan-peter-cayetano-s-privilege-speech ( 60 min), last accessed: 08.06. 2015.
- Schoofs, Steven / Lara, Francisco Jr .: Policy Brief: Mindanao’s shadow economies: Minimizing risks, maximizing peace dividends, Quezon City 2014.Google Scholar
- Social Weather Station Philippines: Filipino Public Opinion on the Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) and the Mamasapano Incident, Makati 2015, URL: http://www.sws.org.ph/15%20May%202015%20-%20Public%20Opinion % 20on% 20BBL% 20and% 20Mamasapano% 20Incident% 20Final% 20% 28full% 20presentation% 29.pdf, last access: December 19, 2015.
- Social Weather Station: First Quarter 2015 Social Weather Survey: Binay and Poe top the people’s “three best leaders to succeed PNoy in 2016”; Roxas and Duterte are third, April 20, 2015, URL: http://www.sws.org.ph/, last accessed: December 19, 2015.
- Werning, Rainer: Programmed permanent conflict? The search for a sustainable peace in the south of the Philippines, in: International Asia Forum, 2010, vol. 41, no. 3-4, pp. 303-322.Google Scholar
- Wimmer, Andreas: Ethnic boundaries: a process-oriented multi-level theory, in: Müller, Marion / Zifonun, Darius (ed.): Ethnowissen: Sociological contributions to ethnic differentiation and migration, Wiesbaden 2010, pp. 99-152.Google Scholar
Authors and Affiliations
- 1.Institute for Political and Administrative SciencesUniversity of RostockRostockGermany
- What should I teach my teacher
- Are big thighs sexy for a girl?
- How do I get financial security
- Killing dogs of wolves
- How common is the mistreatment of au pairs?
- Why are rich people so greedy
- What is the population of Montreal like
- Will the law of attraction really work?
- Called unique, a compliment
- Are alcoholics selfish
- Why is art not valued in schools?
- Where can I play basketball in Munich
- What is the importance of classical music
- What is your favorite introspective question
- Why do you love apple
- When are career counselors wrong?
- Who has the largest family tree in the world
- Larry Nassar is Jewish
- What are the most popular virtual wallets
- Relationships have changed in today's generation
- How does my life end
- How is epidemiology used in public health
- What does marriage equality mean
- What causes watery diarrhea