How does NASA hire engineers
TU PhD student Otfrid G. Liepack will present NASA's Mars and Saturn missions on June 1, 2005
Otfrid G. Liepack is a NASA engineer and is currently doing his doctorate at the TU Chemnitz. Photo: private
On June 1, 2005, Otfrid G. Liepack, the responsible system engineer for interplanetary missions from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, will give a public lecture at Chemnitz University of Technology. From 9.30 a.m. he will speak in the university section Erfenschlager Straße 73, Building A, Room 111 on the subject of "Unmanned Planetary Missions". All interested parties are cordially invited to the event. Admission is free.
In his lecture, Otfrid G. Liepack presents two rover missions to Mars and explains in particular the systems engineering method, which was used to develop and review new technologies and management structures over a period of around three years. He will also report on the Cassini probe, which reached Saturn after seven years of flight and was successfully deployed. The titanium probe is expected to make an important contribution to research into the Saturn system until 2008. The speaker will describe the flight and the spacecraft of the probe and also present the latest results of this international mission.
NASA engineer Otfrid G. Liepack from the NASA Laboratory for Jet Drives has a special relationship with Chemnitz University of Technology. Here he is currently doing his doctorate at the Professorship of Factory Planning and Factory Operation and is supervised by Prof. Dr. Egon Müller looks after.
additional Information grants Prof. Dr. Egon Müller, Professorship of Factory Planning and Factory Operation at Chemnitz University of Technology, phone (03 71) 5 31 - 52 09, email [email protected]
All "Uni-aktuell" articles
Note: The TU Chemnitz is present in many media. The media review gives an impression of how they report about the university.
- How do Malaysians communicate with each other
- How would you describe the Vietnamese cuisine
- A yeast infection can affect the kidneys
- Does life make sense 1
- How do you wear stainless steel
- Why are people exposed to bullying
- What's your favorite vegan food
- Quantum cryptography will completely replace classical cryptography
- Why does success come from being yourself
- What are examples of consumption today
- How is low density polyethylene used
- What are facts and figures about Singapore
- Buying records is a good investment
- Alexandre Dumas is black
- Why do people get into a relationship
- Is Pakistan's Karachi safe for Filipino women
- Why is the Indian economy largely informal
- Which country is the least friendly to India?
- What is the structure of a news report
- Why are libraries important
- How common is adult child abuse
- Why are companies not hiring freshmen?
- How do you protect records
- Who Followed Walter Cronkite on CBS News