You can really feel at home anywhere
Publisher: YAEZ Verlag GmbH
Home: Where do you feel comfortable?
Kevine, 14, is at home in two placesYour parents are from Cameroon. Have you always lived in Germany? My real life here began when I was four. Until then, we kept moving because of my stepfather's job. As a result, I have already lived in Morocco and Tunisia.What does home mean to you?When I walk in the door of my grandmother's in Cameroon and see my siblings. Unfortunately this is only once a year. I spend my entire summer vacation there. Otherwise, I also feel at home here - where most of my friends live.How does it feel to have more than one home?I used to find it difficult to find myself in Cameroon. “The German is back,” I was often told. Since I talked to my mom about it, I've been able to handle it better. She explained to me that some people there think we have taken off because we live in Europe. But that's not true.Are there any sayings here that you no longer want to hear?My mom is a businesswoman. We lead a good life, especially in Cameroon. If anyone wants to know whether we live in mud huts there, I can only shake my head. It doesn't work at all if someone asks where I'm from or comments that I speak German well - both only because I'm dark-skinned. It's racist.Linda, 19, feels German and DanishIs home tied to a specific location for you - or is it more about a feeling?I would say that at home is a place where you feel comfortable, are not restricted or have to pretend. For me this is where I was born, where my childhood home is and where my parents live. But home can also be a place I've chosen - currently it's my first own apartment in a new city.Where did you grow up?On a small North Sea island - closely connected to the Danish minority in Germany. I am German myself, but I always went to a Danish school. This gives me a good command of the language and I have many Danish friends.Do you get asked whether you feel more German or more Danish?Often. I discuss identity a lot, but for me it's not about the question of whether I speak German or Am danish. I'm something in between.When do you feel you belong to whom?It depends on the situation. As soon as I visit my Danish host family, I feel more German - especially when it comes to food. When I'm on vacation, when I hear Danish and can understand everything, I feel Danish.Monir, 15, could feel at home anywhereWhen do you feel most at home?In theory, any place could be my home. It is important that my family is there - and my circle of friends. Most of them are in Germany. Some relatives live in Lebanon.Would you say it gives you more than one home?Not really. My parents moved to Germany from Lebanon long before I was born. We fly there about every four years. I'm not really close to the family there. But when I fast in Ramadan, I feel connected to the Arab culture. I also try to learn the language. Otherwise I feel pretty German. My home is here.Do others sometimes make you feel like you don't belong here?There are always drunk guys who say I should go where I come from. It doesn't really hurt me - it's funny. I don't react to it, but I think to myself that this is where I belong much more than someone who insults others.What would you wish for instead?Respectful interaction with one another. I don't care about religious differences or nationalities. Whether you are German, Arabic or come from a completely different part of the world - in the end it doesn't matter: the main thing is that you understand each other.
- What time of year is Gazorpazorpfield
- Which food is famous
- Is New Zealand expensive for a teacher
- Why are unions necessary
- What is mental and physical age
- How does a chiropractor treat neck pain
- How did Moses lift the water?
- How does Monaco make money
- Don't you like your child's school?
- Why do phones use apps
- Are Gujarati Movies the Best
- Why do my lips burn and itch
- Why can't I find real friends
- Why is inflation not necessary
- Killing dogs of wolves
- Cheating Norwegian men
- Why do I always think of others
- Is the Islamization of Europe a real threat?
- What does it take to become a good investor
- How to write crypto currency in Chinese
- Why my legs hurt when I run
- Which hotels offer the best breakfast?
- What manifestation techniques have worked for you
- What happens if I liquidate my LLC
- Whoever cashes bills pays checks
- What are Irish travelers
- Is kelp considered a seafood
- What are examples of stray animals
- What is literature of the 21st century
- What is the most popular Indian snack
- Why should I study nursing in London?
- Are fantasy sports profits taxed 1
- How can I download Harry Potter books
- How can I ignore things in life