What do you serve with french toast
The French toast (in German also: poor knight) is a classic and particularly popular in American breakfast cuisine. Everyone knows him, (almost) everyone loves him. It also offers a great and tasty way to recycle leftovers. But how is an original French toast prepared? It's not so hard! If you don't have any of the above ingredients, you can improvise.
Basic recipe for French toast
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 4 slices of white bread (ideally American toast, approx. 1 cm thick)
- 1 egg
- 70 ml of milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- Maple syrup
- Beat the egg and whisk it together with the vanilla sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Then add the milk. A connected mass should be created.
- Melt half of the butter over medium heat. In the meantime, put the milk and egg mixture on a large plate and place the first slice of toast in it. Dip in briefly, turn and do the same with the other side.
- Now put the soaked toast in the pan and fry it until golden brown. Repeat on the other side.
- While you are preparing the other slices of toast, you can keep the finished ones warm in the oven.
- Serve the slides halved or quartered while warm. Add maple syrup.
Which bread is suitable for French toast?
Toast bread is the ideal choice for French toast. When you stand in front of the supermarket shelf, opt for white American toast that is not too thin.
The recipe also works with other types of bread. It is important that the baked goods are soft and absorbent. You can also use older toast, just it shouldn't be dry. Be careful with grainy bread, as it is less able to absorb liquids.
tip: Then pour some apple compote over the toasts. Strawberries or almonds also go well.
Also try our homemade strawberry syrup with French toasts. Good Appetite!
Also delicious for breakfast:
Strammer Max on potato rösti
Cottage cheese pancakes with marinated strawberries
You shouldn't eat this for breakfast if you want to lose weight
Breakfast eggs with a difference
These fruits and vegetables keep you full for a long time
In the video: 14 delicious toast recipes
- What kind of cancer is hereditary
- Do expansion joints require reinforcement
- What are some gaps swearwords
- Do you enjoy working in retail
- What is the economics of climate change
- What should I take Edexcel or Cambridge
- What is ERP in the manufacturing industry
- Many Japanese eat rice for breakfast
- Good grades are important in life
- Why do immigrants leave Sweden
- How does NASA hire engineers
- How much does an iOS developer earn
- What are your deep thoughts
- What is the Turkish word for punishment?
- How can you make dogs smell less?
- Japanese learn Spanish
- Why is Canadian culture important
- How can a man have a baby
- What is the best complexity of the algorithm runtime
- Is life coaching a scam 1
- Why shouldn't students work?
- What do Lithuanians look like
- How common is the mistreatment of au pairs?
- How is an iPhone made