Is the Rothschild family in Germany Jewish?
The Rothschild family can be traced back to the early 16th century in the Jewish ghetto of Frankfurt. The rise to the banking dynasty took place under Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812), who was the financier and financial advisor to Elector Wilhelm IX. came from Hessen-Kassel to great wealth. In 1810, Mayer Amschel converted the company into a family business with the involvement of his five sons, with the sons opening branches in the most important European royal cities (London, Paris, Naples and Vienna) around the same time.
The Viennese line was founded by Salomon Mayer Rothschild (1774-1855), who was raised to the nobility by the emperor as early as 1817 (together with three of his brothers), but as a Jew had no house in the city until he was awarded the honorary citizenship diploma of the city of Vienna (1843) was allowed to purchase and therefore lived in the hotel "Zum Römischen Kaiser". In 1821 he set up a bank in Vienna that would later become the Creditanstalt. In addition to the financial sector, Salomon was also involved in the expansion of Austrian industry, transport and insurance, and when he died he left behind a fortune of 100 million guilders. His son Anselm Salomon (1803-1874) continued the company. In 1835, the Rothschild banking house officially applied for a concession to build a railway line to the northern crown lands. He received numerous honors, a seat in the manor house and appeared through his social commitment (not only) for the Jewish community in Vienna and as a collector of small art objects. Among other things, he donated the hospital of the Israelite religious community. Then Nathaniel Mayer Amschel (1836-1905) took over the company together with his younger, more enterprising brother Albert Salomon (1844-1911). The older of the two, Nathaniel, made a name for himself above all as a beautiful spirit in Vienna: he had a palace built in Theresianumgasse, worked as an art collector, art photographer, travel writer and was instrumental in establishing the first football club in Austria (First Vienna FC). It was also he who acquired large areas of land on the Hohe Warte in Döbling in 1882 and had a botanical garden and a small villa laid out there, in which plants and fruit flourished all year round and there was a famous orchid cultivation; After "Aryanization" in 1938, parts of these former "Rothschild Gardens" were integrated into the grounds of the Heiligenstadt Park in 1977. Albert had his own palace built on Prinz-Eugen-Strasse from 1876 to 1884.
Alphonse Mayer von Rothschild (1878-1942) continued the company of his father Salomon Albert, but also held a military rank as Rittmeister in the k. U.K. Army. After the July Agreement in 1936, he emigrated to Switzerland, just as his brother Eugen Daniel von Rothschild (1884-1976) had to leave the country, who was able to flee to France from the National Socialists. The last significant representative of the Viennese family, however, was their brother Louis Nathaniel von Rothschild (1882-1955), who, as the main shareholder of Creditanstalt, helped shape the fate of the First Republic. After the "Anschluss", Louis Nathaniel von Rothschild was arrested by the National Socialists and only released after a year and loss of all his assets. After the Second World War, he emigrated to the USA, received the remaining values back in numerous restitution proceedings (parts of the art collection remained in the possession of the Republic until 1999), but decided not to rebuild the Rothschild banking house in Vienna.
- Is Ezekiel Bread good for keto
- Are tears and sweat the same fluid
- Are clairvoyants real 1
- What should I know about grief
- What is your family budget per month
- A degree is required for the UPSC exam
- What causes watery diarrhea
- How can government help eradicate poverty
- Can you die from excessive masturbation?
- What are brown people
- Why are Koreans so big
- Little eyes are ugly
- How do VA disability benefits work
- What screams I'm getting older
- How do I talk to a stranger
- The people in Turkey eat Turkish food
- What does Boeing do better than Airbus
- What bothers you most about Meghan Markle?
- Does God have a plan for me
- How many people use personal trainers
- What is an office
- How is the weather changing
- Where is Australia on the equator
- What are some great stories about humanity
- What exactly happens when you masturbate
- FBI agents working overseas
- What is genius
- What animals understand love
- Should I choose HKU or NUS
- Why do I sometimes feel brain dead
- How do I become a government employee
- What are some SwagBucks cheats
- Why do so many Italians smoke
- Is PUBG better than Minecraft