How high is the Abitur in Nigeria
Even though Nigeria is as big as Germany and France combined, it is still referred to as a developing country. Nigeria with the capital Abuja is located in the north of Africa. A civil war repeatedly caused tensions between the population and as a result 36 states were founded. 47% of the population works in agriculture. Cocoa and rubber are grown for export. Furthermore, there is a lot of focus on the energy sector, which affects agriculture. There are also many oil wells on the coasts of Nigeria and the country has the largest gas reserves in all of Africa. Oil exports accounted for 90% of exports. This contributed 70% to the federal budget. The economy is growing by an average of 9% per year, making Nigeria the second largest economy in Africa. It contributes significantly to foreign trade with global states. It counts as a country that could soon be considered an emerging market.
The fact that Nigeria also has a great influence in the film industry is probably rather unexpected for most. The “Nollywood” genre is now the second largest film industry in the world. Their films can already be seen all over the African continent.
But Nigerians have to live on a basic income of Ø1.25 USD per day. This includes more than 100 million people. Furthermore, 1/3 of the population can neither read nor write. 45% of children do not attend secondary school and less than 10% of young people are studying. In the south of the country the people are more affluent, whereas in the north the population is rather poor. The income from oil production improves the local living conditions. However, several jobs have been lost to corruption and nepotism, and agriculture is becoming more difficult due to the pollution of the oil industry. Religious tensions continue to exist across the country, with part of Christianity and part of Nigeria's population loyal to Islam. The religious distribution is also up. Terrorist groups such as Boko Haram were founded in Nigeria and several states decided to exercise Sharia law, which has also been extended to criminal law in three other states. Half of the population lives in cities and big cities. However, there is a lack of infrastructure here.
- How do you weld metal to concrete
- Are Turks Asians
- How is the gold standard protected from inflation?
- Who benefits from school lunches
- Who invented the washing machine?
- How can motivation be relative to learning
- DSLR cameras for beginners
- What is Montessori School of Thought
- Which company makes the best outdoor grills
- How startups pay foreign contractors
- Have you had acupuncture for back pain?
- Why are third party security companies good
- Would you admire yourself
- What is Svpplys' business model
- Millionaires carry pennies in their wallets
- How does methanol-ethanol-acid smell
- What can be said without offending anyone
- What do most Nigerians want on a daily basis
- Serves Spirit Airlines meals
- Why do people like chicken liver
- Should teenagers behave like children or adults
- Which country eats the most fish?
- Why is Europe going right
- Why isn't Jimmy Wales changing the design of Wikipedia
- Germany is still a Nazi today
- How safe is it to live in Delhi
- How do I work as a freelancer in the UK?
- What is your opinion on Chinese education
- What are the best vegan recipes
- Is it okay to love at 14?
- How are film teams paid
- Why are gummy cups generally fruit-flavored?
- How do employers choose their temporary employment agency
- Could the MPs return to Parliament?