Why is it called the Gulf War
Gulf War (German)
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Golf | war, Plural: Golf | wars
- IPA: [ˈꞬɔlfˌkʀiːk]
- 1) military conflict in the Persian Gulf
- a) in the years 1980–1988, between Iraq and Iran
- b) in the years 1990/91, between Iraq on the one hand and Kuwait, the USA and other allies on the other
- c) in 2003, between Iraq and the US with allies
- Determinative compound from nouns golf and war
- 1a) First Gulf War, Iran-Iraq War, Iraq-Iran War
- 1b) Second Gulf War, First Iraq War
- 1c) Third Gulf War, Iraq War, Second Iraq War
- 1) war
- 1) “After the second Gulf War 1991 UN Resolution 687 obliged Iraq to destroy its weapons of mass destruction. "
- 1) Gulf War Syndrome
- Nominative: singular Gulf War; Plural Gulf Wars
- Genitive: singular Gulf War; Plural Gulf Wars
- Dative: singular Gulf War; Plural Golf wars
- Accusative: singular Gulf War; Plural Gulf Wars
- English: 1) Gulf was
- French: 1) You were golf
- Italian: 1) guerra del golfo
- Spanish: 1) Guerra del Golfo
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„An adviser to Iranian President Hassan Ruhani has a link between the economic sanctions and a possible one Gulf War drawn.“
cash.ch, June 21, 2019
„The new US Secretary of Defense Mark Esper took part in the first Gulf War part and as a war veteran warns of a threat from China.“
Epoch Times, July 26, 2019
„But how did the custom come about? The answer to that lies in the second Gulf War in Iraq.“
sueddeutsche.de, October 30, 2018
„Russia is not another Gulf War interested, said Ruprecht Polenz from the German Society for Eastern European Customers in the Dlf.“
dradio.de, May 15, 2019
„That has, among other things, after Gulf War the USA and the wars against Yugoslavia and Iraq. But apparently she has already killed in the Federal Republic of Germany.“
Sputnik Germany, December 10, 2018
„Ex-Mayor of Tehran, active in Gulf War and opponent of President Rouhani: The newly elected President of the Iranian Parliament, Ghalibaf, is a political heavyweight.“
tagesschau.de, May 28, 2020
„Crude oil prices fell by around 30 percent in the morning. It's the biggest slump since Gulf War 1991. The price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia is believed to be the cause of the crash.“
WDR.de, March 9, 2020
„A US president in 'jungle' mode kills a 'walking violation of international law' with a drone attack - and almost solves a new one Gulf War out. Now the guns are silent for now, the only question is: for how long?“
n-tv.de, January 14, 2020
„From Gulf War until September 11th: The breaking news broadcaster CNN was always up close and thus shaped the television news with a new style. How it all began four decades ago.“
digitalfernsehen.de, May 29, 2020
„Flood disaster in 1962, Gulf War 1991, Corona pandemic 2021 - the traditional kale meal in the city of Oldenburg will only be canceled for the third time next year.“
GMX, September 15, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "Gulf War":
golf:… 1) Gulf of Mexico, Persian Gulf 2) Driving a Golf Derived words: 1) Gulf Stream, Gulf War, Gulf Crisis 2) VW Golf, Golf GTI Translations English: 1)…
Transporter: ... actually docks fully automatically with its optical sensors on the ISS. During the first Gulf War, the American vans thundered over my house. Derived words: ...
anti-american: Fröhder reported critically from Vietnam and the first Gulf War, and in general the ARD and its Middle East correspondent Jörg Armbruster were "left and anti-American
Gulf War Syndrome: ... origin of the term occurs in Gulf War soldiers: determinative compound, composed of Gulf War, joint element -s and syndrome Synonyms: 1) Balkan syndrome ...
Iraq war: a war in or about Iraq, in particular (Second Iraq War or Third Gulf War): Invasion of Iraq by the armed forces of the United States and others from 20
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Gulf War" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 20, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Golfkrieg/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Add a note to the entry "Gulf War". You can add application examples or hints to the use of the term "Gulf War". This helps to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Gulf Wars (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Variations: Dative Singular: Gulf War Hyphenation: Golf | krie | ge…
Golf wars (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Golf | krie | gen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Gulf War (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Subforms: Gulf War Hyphenation: Golf | krie | ges Pronunciation / Stress:…
Gulf War (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Subforms: Gulf War Hyphenation: Golf | kriegs Pronunciation / Emphasis:…
Gulf War Syndrome (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular the Gulf War Syndrome; Majority of the ...
Gulf War Syndromes (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Golf | kriegs | syn | dro | me Grammatical features: nominative plural ...
Gulf War Syndrome (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Golf | kriegs | syn | droms Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Golf instructor (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular number of golf teachers; Plural golf instructors genitive: ...
Golf instructor (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular die golf teacher; Majority of the golf teachers ...
Golf instructors (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Golf | leh | re | rin | nen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
- What problems does Colombia face?
- Is it worth it to be a mechanic
- What shows work in civil engineering
- Why Mongolia doesn't like China
- What causes rebound relationships to fail
- Who would win if Ichigo battled Luffy?
- What is nursing What do nurses do
- Are there internships in remote web development
- What is an asset multiplier
- Everyone wants to be rich
- How were your days in the 90s
- How do hospitals clean surgical instruments
- Why does my wife want younger men
- How do I deal with customers who lie
- Which creative jobs pay off well
- Why can vengeance never be enough
- How are Sri Lankan men
- What is wise hard work
- Where can i visit in hangzhou
- What do you like about the British
- What are the 5 most important Indian spices
- Gulf Shores has clear water
- What to do with dogs' sense of smell
- Why do skydiving accidents happen
- What are your favorite taco recipes
- What is your favorite meat for Christmas dinner
- Why do children envy the teacher's pet
- Have you ever found treasure buried?
- Why do houses in America need lawns
- How much do Americans know about Australia?
- What are the main effects of inflation
- What is the best bedtime
- Do you really love your job
- What is the fee structure of CA.