Ducks and geese can mate
The mating of the mallards - photo series
In birds, a distinction is made between two basic forms of the male mating organ:
The Penis protrudes (this is an evertable penis)
The Penis non-protruding (this is a non-evertable penis).
In the penis protrudes, which ducks, ratites and cocktails have, for example, there is a real copulation organ in the cloaca, which is turned outwards during erection.
Since the mating of mallards usually takes place in water, the males of the duck birds, in contrast to most other birds, whose males have no external sexual organs, have an erect penis for the transmission of semen. This is a corkscrew-like organ (see photos below), which you rarely see because the pairings are mostly made in the water.
The penis of the drake remains visible on the outside for up to 6 minutes after mating.
This genital of the mallard, which is widespread in Central Europe, measures around 15 centimeters and is therefore longer than the average human limb.
Mallard mating usually begins in spring or later.
It takes place mainly on the water, but it can also be done at any other point.
As a rule, the pair of ducks separate itself from the other ducks for this.
The female duck can hardly be seen during the actual mating. It only holds its head out of the water, while the drake holds its plumage at the back of its head with its beak.
But it also happens, as you can see in the photos, that the mallards mate on land.
Before this mating, there was first a bitter argument and fight between two drakes, because both were targeting the same female. The winner of this fight then mated with the female mallard. Mating in mallards takes place very quickly and is often over in a few seconds.
- Boys get wet
- I'm Chinese, should I get a tattoo
- Can a narcissist change for the better
- LinkedIn What makes a LinkedIn profile great
- What is currently better under LBSIM FORE
- Why did inflation occur in Egypt?
- Am I unemployed 1
- What are language, religion, race and ethnicity
- How is it in France
- Why does everyone need a job
- Is Denmark a poor country?
- What is time division multiplex
- How do I improve my relationship skills
- You can sue the US federal government
- How does bipolar affect relationships?
- Why shouldn't you go on escalators?
- What schools are the best in Agra
- Have you ever loved to feel
- What scares middle-aged men the most
- Is democracy compatible with economic growth?
- What is old and new generation
- When do you switch to management consulting?
- What nationality do I see from 2
- What is information filtering