Are all whites originally from Europe
The concept of races originally stems from natural science, which tried in the 19th century to scientifically substantiate the prevailing cliché in Europe of a superior white race.
The origin of racism goes back to the colonization of Africa and South America. The enslavement of millions of Africans for the exploitation of the raw materials of the conquered territories solidified the feeling of the moral and civilizational superiority of the "white race" among the European powers. The idea of hereditary superiority culminated not least in the cruel extermination policy of the National Socialists.
Even if racism has now been scientifically refuted, it is still anchored in many people's minds. Discrimination based on origin and skin color is unfortunately still part of everyday life for many people today.
"With open cards" (French: Le dessous des cartes) is a geopolitical magazine of the TV station ARTE.
Since its inception (1990), the program has relied on the use of maps to explain international relations, the inclusion of historical backgrounds and the analysis of long-term trends.
Designed and presented by Jean-Christophe Victor, the maps and analyzes come from the research institute LEPAC (Laboratoire d'études politiques et cartographiques).
Camera: Olivier Cahn
Editor: Nicolas Menet
Screenplay: Catherine Bijon
Speaker: Karl-Heinz Grimm
Music: Etienne Charry
Sound: Francois Pécoste
Others: Le Lépac, Francesca Fattori (research), Frédéric Lernoud (implementation), Pierre-Jean Canak (graphics), Christian Stonner (translation)
Playing time: 00:13:40
Whether on the street, on the Internet, while looking for a job: Racism can occur anywhere. This film makes it clear what that actually means for those affected.
- What makes a person entitled
- Why do fat people have small legs?
- Why do guys get married
- Why do you fart 2
- Can we see organisms at the tissue level
- Which websites sell innovative products in the US
- How can I study nursing without biology
- What's your financial advice for 2017
- What do you know about Shanghai
- Little eyes are ugly
- How are toddlers
- Has a nightmare ever changed your life
- How do grandparents affect family dynamics
- What is Floyd Mayweather's IQ
- How common are UFOs
- What is your life in the future
- What kind of bullying is worse
- How many foreigners like Asian girls
- How can I stop rethinking everything
- Why doesn't Hinduism spread like other religions
- Is Australia an expensive country
- Why are children so crazy
- What is the average person like in Turkey
- Help Hong Kong rioters Hong Kong