What is probability
Next page:Random variable Upwards:Random variables Previous page:Random experiment & nbsp index
The probability (English: probability) is a measure to quantify the certainty or uncertainty of the occurrence of a certain event in the context of a »random experiment«. There are different opinions in the literature on how to determine the probability empirically:
- The classic The concept of probability by Pierre-Simon Laplace (1749-1827) defines probability as the quotient of the number of favorable and equally possible cases.
- The statistical Richard von Mises' (1883-1953) concept of probability defines probability as the limit value of the relative frequency of occurrence of the event.
- The subjective The concept of probability by Leonard J. Savage (1917-1971) defines probability as the subjectively perceived chance of betting.
- A probability is a number between 0 and 1 (including the two limits).
- An event that always occurs, the so-called safe Event, has the probability 1.
- Close two events and off, corresponds to the probability that either the event or the event occurs, the sum of the two individual probabilities.
notation: is the probability of the event . is the conditional probability of the event provided that event has occurred.
Next page:Random variable Upwards:Random variables Previous page:Random experiment & nbsp index HJA 2001-10-01
- Which are the 3 strongest Muslim countries
- Have a debilitating depression
- Why do phones have high pings
- What do some graphic novels have to read
- What percentage of Indian Muslims are vegetarians
- Which is the most popular European country
- Are FedEx employees actually considered independent contractors?
- How did British culture get so formal
- Is Jupiter unfavorable for an ascendant of Taurus?
- There are mosquitos in Houston
- What causes a really bad smelly snot
- Can Seeman Tamil Nadu change?
- Have you ever come out this straight
- How profitable is gold mining
- What does ministry mean in the bible
- Have you ever been to a dominatrix
- Walmart does cash checks on Sundays
- Did Islam begin before or after Judaism?
- Keisari Matcha is good
- Which organization is best for donating clothing
- What are some advantages of qualitative research
- Do China and Japan speak the same language
- Is it difficult to emigrate to Luxembourg?
- What was life like in Japan in the 1970s